Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2018, 01:44 PM   #1
texas-traveler

2010 dodge 3500 6.7l questions

have a 2010 dodge 6.7l TV. has repeat dpf regen cycles approx. every 200 miles and no codes thrown. checked code reader and pid readouts. only thing that looks abnormal is the CACT 11 readout. reads between 55 - 67 degrees while running, does anyone know what is the CACT 11 sensor(charge Air Coolant Temperature) supposed to read nominally.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
Harleydodge

I just bought a bluetooth ODPII reader that stays plugged into the port (if you want).
I can look for that info and let you know what mine reads if that helps.
Off the top of my head (pure guess in other words ) I would say it may be time for a new DPF?

2013 Raptor 310ts Toy Hauler
2017 Dodge Ram 6.7l CTD DRW Laramie Longhorn
2008 FLHTC Harley.

Harleydodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:51 PM   #3
texas-traveler

thanks HarleyDodge, I would appreciate that.
hopefully the dpf is not the problem. all egt temperatures is normal, dpf differential .3 to .5 psi. no dpf fault codes, I only have 97,000 miles on TV. EGR shows to be functioning properly.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:35 AM   #4
Harleydodge

Hmm...after playing in the app associated with my bluetooth reader (DashCommand), I can't seem to find that specific PID (CACT 11)
I may have to dig a little deeper and ask around if anyone has it readable in another app.

2013 Raptor 310ts Toy Hauler
2017 Dodge Ram 6.7l CTD DRW Laramie Longhorn
2008 FLHTC Harley.

Harleydodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:52 AM   #5
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas-traveler View Post
thanks HarleyDodge, I would appreciate that.
hopefully the dpf is not the problem. all egt temperatures is normal, dpf differential .3 to .5 psi. no dpf fault codes, I only have 97,000 miles on TV. EGR shows to be functioning properly.
If you have questions about your Cummins then this is the best site to look at,

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/4t...liter-cummins/
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:44 PM   #6
texas-traveler

Thanks Harley Dodge, stopped by the Dodge dealer and they looked for codes and messages or errors and there was none. the only response was to have the egr valve serviced. and or let their mechanics bird dog the symptom..other than that they had no idea or answer

Tinner12002, the Cummins forum has a lot of info. will dig deeper into it. maybe someone else has had a similar problem.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:35 PM   #7
dcg9381

I think the charge Air Coolant Temperature is the intake temperature after it passes through the intercooler. With the truck cold, I'd expect it to read ambient air temperature (this is one test). It should really register the same temperature as intake temperature. With the truck running and warmed up, it's going to vary quite a bit depending on how hard the truck is working and how much heat is being added by the compressor side of the turbo. In non-diesels, I've seen it anywhere from 20-120 (F) degrees above ambient...
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:37 PM   #8
texas-traveler

thanks dcg9381, your description is right. monitored the readings with my actron code reader while on a short run wedensday, about 80 miles and temp did vary as described.
made another run and monitored dpf pressures. normal cruising reading .3 to .5. under heavy acceleration up to 1 to 1.5 for short periods
harleydodge you might be right on dpf clogged or partially clogged. I did read somewhere that it will try to clear when differential pressure in dpf exceeds certain parameters but not high enough to throw a fault code.
will keep trying to solve