Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2018, 04:45 PM   #1
GeorgeBullet

Need help on Bullet Crossfire 2190EX wheels & Tires

Hi everyone,
I hope I'm on the right thread

For my 2017 Bullet Crossfire model : 2190EX
I wanted to replace the china bomb tires & upgrade the 14'' steel wheels to alloy 15''

The wheels and tires I'm looking at are

Hi-Spec series S5 15X6 Lug pattern: 5 x 4.5
Good year endurance 225/75/15

Will the 225 tires go good on a 6'' wide wheel?
Will the clearance in the fender well be enough?
Are hi-spec S5 wheels good ? They had good reviews on etrailer but I wanted real life reviews

Thank you in advance.
George-
GeorgeBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:50 AM   #2
Tinner12002

Yes, I would think the 6" wheels would be fine for your 225 tire. I believe most RV wheels have a 0 degree offset so if you know your new setups height and width then you can check that against your existing tires to help determine how your new setup will fit. If your new tires and wheels are say 2" taller then you need to make sure you have an extra 1" clearance around the top half of your existing tires. Width difference would obviously be divided 1/2 to the inside and 1/2 to the outside. If your current tires are 225s then width shouldn't be an issue. Some tire shops, I know mine will anyway, mount up a tire or tires and wheels for one side and put them on so you can check clearances if you think its close, don't be afraid to ask them if they will. I thought I'd read on here about some issues with that wheel brand in the past, others will chime in on that too but I think they fixed that issue.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:19 PM   #3
elcaminonut69

I upgraded my tires to an LT truck tire. To do this I had to go to a 16" wheel to find a tire with the same load rating. I went with the wheel you are talking about and after close to 10,000 miles I am very happy with them.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:35 PM   #4
busterbrown

I upgraded my original China bomb LRC tires on 14" Sendel wheels to Carlisle Trail HD LRE tires on 15" Hi-Spec aluminum wheels. I now have over 60% load reserve under my trailer's chassis. No rubbing or touching along the fenders or wheel wheels. Have about 3,500 miles on the new wheel/tire combo so far. Will add much more this summer. With your trailer being considerably lighter, your worries should be directed elsewhere. If I may suggest, a good TPMS monitoring system will offer an additional level of risk management. Most members would agree.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 11:02 AM   #5
GeorgeBullet

Thanks guys for the help, just ordered the HI-Spec & going with GY Endurance,
I have been looking at the Minder Research TPMS-APP-4 its pricey, but i'm sure it will save some money too down the line.
GeorgeBullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, tires