Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2023, 07:35 AM   #1
Vmonk

1998 Laredo looking for a new waterheater

My mom has a camper she got and the water heater doesn’t work. All of the local suppliers said there are no new brands or water heaters that we can buy. Any suggestions? It’s currently an electric waterheater with a tank.

The water heats up sometimes but 95% of the time it is cold. Any help is appreciated.
Vmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 07:43 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

In 1998, RV water heaters were usually gas/electric, some with a pilot, some with electronic ignition for the gas side. You need to find the model number/brand of water heater which is on a decal or a "aluminum plate" on either the face of the water heater, behind the exterior door or on a decal on the back of the water heater, usually on the tank.

With that information, you can look up the same (or replacement) water heater that is a "direct fit with no modifications required" exchange.

I'd guess what she has is a Suburban 6 gallon "gas/electric DSI" water heater, but you'll need to verify that information. Right now, several suppliers are having Black Friday sales and I've seen that model for sale at prices from $398 to 598. so shop around for the best price !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 08:00 AM   #3
Vmonk

Thanks so much! We originally had it welded to be repaired but still isn't working for us. I'll check out the model when I get to my moms later. Thanks again.
Vmonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, laredo, water