Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2019, 10:53 AM   #1
Creteloc

Refrigerator Light

I've searched and can't find the problem, so I hope this isn't repeated often. I own a 2008 Hideout 19FLB. The refrigerator has a 'check' light on. It's set to Auto. When it's plugged into the house, the fridge works fine. Once I unplug the shorline, the fridge dies.

The stove, heater, and water heater work, so I know the gas is running. I hate to be stupid about this, but I'm new to the camper thing and it's just my 2 daughters and I (hubby HATES camping).

Is there a pilot light I'm supposed to light? I don't hear a tick when I unplug the shorline, so I'm not sure it has an auto pilot light. Nothing I'm finding in the manuals say one way or the other.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Creteloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:35 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum!!

Sorry it’s not under better circumstances but anyway, let’s see if we can’t get you up and running. What make and model is the fridge?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #3
Creteloc

DM2652 Dometic
Old 10-14-2019, 01:08 PM   #4
Rick

PER THE MANUAL-

H. Modes Of Operation
1. AUTO MODE
When operating in AUTO mode (BUTTON #2 PRESSED IN), the AUTO mode indicator lamp is illuminated. The control system will automatically select between AC and GAS operation. AC has priority over GAS. Should AC become unavailable, the system automatically switches to GAS. As soon as AC becomes available again, the control will switch back to AC, regardless of the status of the GAS operation.
If the CHECK indicator lamp is illuminated, the controls have failed to ignite the burner in the GAS mode. To restart an ignition attempt with the CHECK lamp illuminated (or to turn off the CHECK lamp), press the ON/OFF button OFF and back ON again. The control system activates the ignition system and makes attempts to light the burner for a period of approximately 45 seconds. Should 120 VAC become available while the CHECK indicator lamp is on, the CHECK lamp will not turn off until the ON/OFF button is pressed OFF and then ON again.
2. GAS MODE
DM2652 & DM2852:
When operating in GAS mode (BUTTON #2 IN THE OUT POSITION), the AUTO mode indicator lamp will be off.
4. LIMP MODE OF OPERATION
In the event of a failure of a major operating component, the control system will continue to operate the cooling system.
DM2652 & DM2852:
If the control can not read the temperature sensor and control the preset temperature, the control will run the cooling unit continuously at the energy source available. The refrigerator continues to operate in this mode indefinitely or until a new sensor is installed and the system is reset.
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:15 AM   #5
Creteloc

"If the CHECK indicator lamp is illuminated, the controls have failed to ignite the burner in the GAS mode. To restart an ignition attempt with the CHECK lamp illuminated (or to turn off the CHECK lamp), press the ON/OFF button OFF and back ON again. The control system activates the ignition system and makes attempts to light the burner for a period of approximately 45 seconds. Should 120 VAC become available while the CHECK indicator lamp is on, the CHECK lamp will not turn off until the ON/OFF button is pressed OFF and then ON again."

So, I tried this last night. There's no "click-woosh" sound to know if it lights or not. There's not even a click sound. Is there a way to know if it's lit without waiting an hour to see if it's cold?
Old 10-15-2019, 06:24 AM   #6
Wxman

If you go outside and listen near the refrigerator vent you should be able to hear it burning, or I can on mine. It has that gas burning sound sort of like a gas grill. It isn't loud but it is there.
2017 Silverado Z71 5.3L 3.42 gears(sold)
2021 Sierra 2500 4x4 CCSB SLT (gas)
E4 16k/1.6k hitch
Wxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:01 AM   #7
KSH

Silly question. When the shore power is disconnected you still have lights right?
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:11 AM   #8
Rick

Yes, your lights should work. They run off the 12V battery.

For the fridge-
Turn your fridge off. Remove shore power from trailer. On the outside of your trailer, remove the plastic cover for your fridge. Back inside, verify that button #2 is in the OUT position (gas only). Press the power button and go outside to the opening for the fridge.

If you continuously hear "tick..tick..tick..tick..tick" you're not getting gas and something's wrong.

If you don't hear anything, wait a minute then quickly touch the flue and see if it's hot.If it is, everything's good!
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:03 AM   #9
frankyb01

I'm not familiar with this particular model, but if other propane devices are working, and other 12 volt DC items are working (i.e. lights) when shore power is disconnected, then I would check the fuses in the control box on the back side of the refrigerator. The units that I am familiar with generally have two fuses, one for AC and one for DC. I'm 40 miles away from my camper right now or I would send a picture to give you an example.
U.S.A.F. (ret.) 1976-1996
frankyb01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light