Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2019, 06:17 AM   #1
Kajax

Electric Fireplace

The electric fireplace on my 2014 Avalanche will not turn on, get a click then nothing I cannot find a name of the manufacturer on it anywhere only electric fireplace made in China BT-994 google doesn’t bring up any leads. Does anyone know who handles these? I need a new one that will fit.
Kajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:54 AM   #2
jsb5717

Do you have the documentation that came with your trailer? Or...you might call a Keystone dealer for direction. Or...maybe post a picture here in case someone recognizes it who has documentation.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
Kajax

No document on the fireplace I have all the documents that came with the trailer. Will try calling Keystone tomorrow
Old 10-13-2019, 09:26 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Look in your owner's packet and see if there is a "build sheet". Typically it's a multicolor document and the yellow copy is given to (or stuck in the packet) for the owner's records. Here's a copy of the "build sheet" for our Springdale. You might get lucky and find the fireplace is listed on the "build sheet".
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SPRINGDALE BUILD SHEET.pdf (112.6 KB, 264 views)

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #5
bsmith0404

Keystone uses several different fireplaces and changes from year to year. If i had to guess I’d say it’s a Furrion, but it’s really hard to say. There is probably a data plate somewhere on the back side of the fireplace that shows the brand and model along with the UL certification. Probably the beat way to figure it out is to remove it

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:30 AM   #6
bobbecky

The fireplace in our 2012 Montana is a Dimplex, but not sure what would be used in your rig. There has been a lot of discussion over the years about lint and cat hair getting inside the unit, and removal and a good vacuuming on the insides has cured non working units most of the time. We don't have cats, and our unit has never given us a problem. It's also possible you have a burnt connector inside that can be repaired, as that has also been a problem for some.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:15 PM   #7
Kajax

No build sheet in my owner packet thanks for the hint
Old 10-13-2019, 12:18 PM   #8
Kajax

Have the fireplace apart only tag on fireplace says, Electric Fireplace BLT-999A-2 made in China
No other info any where and have cleaned all dust no help.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:00 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Have no idea but maybe this will help??

http://shanghaibaolutong.sell.everyc...lt-999a-2.html
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

The Electric Fireplace BLT-999A-2 is/was manufactured in China and imported under numerous brand names. If you do a google search for "Electric Fireplace BLT-999A-2" you'll get a number of links, some that come back to this forum and old threads from 5-6 years ago, some to other forums dating to similar times. I'd guess that in the past couple of years, Furrion has replaced some of the older brands, so chances are you'll have issues finding parts locally and maybe even the "old tried and true" suppliers like Trekwood.com and etrailer.com are going to have difficulty getting replacement parts.

Not trying to scare you, but from my experience, you'll find it harder and harder to get parts and when you do find them "on the retail market" the price will make replacing the fireplace with a new one a less expensive option to repairing it, only to have another part fail that isn't available.... That said, the longer you wait, the harder it will be to find a replacement that will fit the opening in your cabinet. The newer fireplaces are changing size and shape as fast as the new models hit the market... I call it "Planned obsolescence"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-13-2019, 01:33 PM   #11
Frank G

I see they are no longer offered at Trekwood RV, and this is not a good sign. Quality RV repair centers have a lot of protected sources, you might try one. There are also the surplus shops in White Pigeon, Michigan.
http://bontragers.com/
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:08 PM   #12
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
I see they are no longer offered at Trekwood RV, and this is not a good sign. Quality RV repair centers have a lot of protected sources, you might try one. There are also the surplus shops in White Pigeon, Michigan.
http://bontragers.com/
Bontragers is a "cornucopia of RV surplus" (AKA junk that's impossible to find anywhere else)... That said, I live in Michigan, have been to Bontragers several times to look for and/or pick up things that I KNOW they have in stock. I've found, however, that unless you're "ON SITE" they are either slow to respond or won't answer emails or phone calls. They do have an "EBay Surplus Store" but RV supplies are limited to what's listed and it's difficult to locate any "specific part numbered item" on the EBay site. I've sent them several emails over the years, finally gave up as I NEVER received a reply to any of my "Do you have XX on hand and if so, how much?" So, it seems to me that you either "go there and shop" or "you can't get any assistance from Bontrager's"...

Essentially, they stay as busy as they want to be with the current staff and don't need to expand into a phone/shipping service or start a "internet based RV supply source". So, it's been my experience that you have to "go there to get anything from there".... YMMV.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-13-2019, 03:03 PM   #13
Kajax

I surrender

I gave up trying to find parts found an insert that I think will fit and ordered it.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:46 AM   #14
Frank G

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Bontragers is a "cornucopia of RV surplus" (AKA junk that's impossible to find anywhere else)... That said, I live in Michigan, have been to Bontragers several times to look for and/or pick up things that I KNOW they have in stock. I've found, however, that unless you're "ON SITE" they are either slow to respond or won't answer emails or phone calls. They do have an "EBay Surplus Store" but RV supplies are limited to what's listed and it's difficult to locate any "specific part numbered item" on the EBay site. I've sent them several emails over the years, finally gave up as I NEVER received a reply to any of my "Do you have XX on hand and if so, how much?" So, it seems to me that you either "go there and shop" or "you can't get any assistance from Bontrager's"...

Essentially, they stay as busy as they want to be with the current staff and don't need to expand into a phone/shipping service or start a "internet based RV supply source". So, it's been my experience that you have to "go there to get anything from there".... YMMV.
John, a trip to Bontrager's is better than a trip to look over the edge of the Grand Canyon any day, I've spent many days there going through the layers. I could be a picker. Thanks for the warning to stay away.
www.travelersrestresort.com
Frank G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:00 PM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank G View Post
John, a trip to Bontrager's is better than a trip to look over the edge of the Grand Canyon any day, I've spent many days there going through the layers. I could be a picker. Thanks for the warning to stay away.
Hopefully my comment didn't come across as "STAY AWAY"... that was NOT my intent. Rather it was a "suggestion" that if you need a specific part, and if you send them an email asking if they have that part, you'll turn blue, pass out and likely die of old age before they respond....

You're right, a trip to Bontrager's should be on every RV owner's bucket list. They have acres of surplus "junk" in piles, stacks, racks, buckets, boxes and spread out on the floor/ground inside and outside.... If it was ever (and I mean ever) installed on an RV, chances are there's at least one in a pile "somewhere at Bontrager's"...

My point was, if you need something and can get to Bontrager's, chances are good you'll find something that'll work. If you try to phone them or email them for a part for a fireplace (or even for a set of axles for a fifth wheel) don't expect a reply... They don't, in my experience with them, answer the phone regularly, don't return calls left on their answering machine and I've never had the courtesy of a reply to multiple emails....

Good place to visit and to find "stuff".... don't expect them to respond to "off site requests".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 10-14-2019, 05:19 PM   #16
Roscommon48

just measure and start googling. the fireplace is just screwed in and in a hollow space. dimplex is as good as the next fireplace.

https://www.google.com/search?client...+rv+fireplaces
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:58 AM   #17
BillMc

You should have received a big envelope or plastic packet with all the appliances and equipment installed in your unit. If not contact Keystone with your unit serial number and they should be able to provide.
BillMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:06 PM   #18
goodellj

My fireplace bit the dust and I ended up replacing it by measuring the hole and finding a match at Lowe's. The new one is a Dimplex and was about $300. Cheaper ones are available but I liked the thermostat feature, remote control, etc. The others were all made very cheaply and mostly imported, so I opted for safety and quality.
6.7L V-8 diesel, 6-sp automatic, 3.55 axle ratio
goodellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:27 PM   #19
Frosty46

Great advice information for the dim.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
The Electric Fireplace BLT-999A-2 is/was manufactured in China and imported under numerous brand names. If you do a google search for "Electric Fireplace BLT-999A-2" you'll get a number of links, some that come back to this forum and old threads from 5-6 years ago, some to other forums dating to similar times. I'd guess that in the past couple of years, Furrion has replaced some of the older brands, so chances are you'll have issues finding parts locally and maybe even the "old tried and true" suppliers like Trekwood.com and etrailer.com are going to have difficulty getting replacement parts.

Not trying to scare you, but from my experience, you'll find it harder and harder to get parts and when you do find them "on the retail market" the price will make replacing the fireplace with a new one a less expensive option to repairing it, only to have another part fail that isn't available.... That said, the longer you wait, the harder it will be to find a replacement that will fit the opening in your cabinet. The newer fireplaces are changing size and shape as fast as the new models hit the market... I call it "Planned obsolescence"....

I too found the lack of "finding anything" when they did a Google search with that model information confusing.....the search does bring up information. Replacement is best for folks who cannot do online reaches correctly is my take away also. For the able, all manner of problems with these units can be fixed with generic parts but require skills and knowledge. Most of these are related to sensors and such.
Frosty46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:53 AM   #20
mikz86ta

Ours runs off a wall plug which Keystone left an extra one barely mounted behind the fireplace itself. There's a breaker for it in the power center. Could be unplugged? Breaker tripped?
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote