Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2019, 07:17 AM   #1
Dan Lockwood

Several Questions On '12 Raptor 395LEV

First off, our Raptor was built in June of '12 and the '13s were coming out. Ours carries a '13 title. Do I refer to it as a '12? I'm guessing yes as the true '13 has a bit different floorplan than the '12. Also in the serial number, it lists the RV as a dual axle instead of a triple axle. Although I can clearly see it has three axles. Don't they know what they make when they title it?

Now on to the real questions.

If I want to bring in "just" the kitchen slide to do maintenance on it, do I have to retract all three slides to get just one in? Is there any way to operate just one at a time?

In the old days of trailers and vehicles, I would always remove the brake drums/hubs, inspect the bearings and then hand pack them with grease and readjust upon assembly. Now I understand that the hubs all have center fill grease fittings. What is the proper procedure for greasing the hubs and how often should I totally disassemble them for a bearing inspection?

What is the little white hose connected to each of my two toilets with the spray nozzle attached? No, I really don't think it's a bum sprayer... Is it required for cleaning out the toilets or black tank water etc?

I've checked with a few RV salvage yards now and I'm not finding medicine cabinets or other small cabinets. Maybe they just don't want to remove them like a car/truck salvage yard does for parts.

Are there wholesale/retail places to purchase extra cabinets? Since my wife has relegated me to the garage half bath, I would like to add a couple cabinets for my "stuff".

And the last thing I need to ask........ I forgot what it was... I should have written it down right then and there, but I was copying the properties of the above picture and thought for sure it would remember it... But alas, not.

Maybe later, if I remember that is.

Anyone else have a short term memory problem? I'm about 70 and I just chalk it up to old age, but I'm not old in my mind. That is if I had a mind.

Later dudes and dudettes!
'09 Harley CVO Road Glide
'76 Harley FLH Shovelhead
Dan Lockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:31 PM   #2
notanlines

"the hubs all have center fill grease fittings" Avoid these at all costs. They are NOT a good idea. They are famous for blowing the seals out the rear and ruining the brake shoes. Stick with your tried and true method.
Now in answer to your other questions.....uh.....
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:33 PM   #3
bobbecky

If you have hydraulic slides, do you have any valves that can be turned off that go to the individual slides. On our Montana, a 2012, there is a panel where the auto leveling system controls are located that have four valves, one for each slide, and you can turn off all but the one slide you want to operate by itself. I have no idea where any valves would be located if you don't have the leveling system.
I used the grease zerks one time, about six months into owning our rig, and six months after that decided to inspect the brakes and hand pack the bearings. About $500 later, not counting my labor, I had installed four new brake/backing plate assemblies and had the four drums turned, all due to seal failures on three of the four wheels which liberally greased the brake shoes. That was the last time for me using the bearing lube zerks. If you are going to inspect the brakes annually, which is recommended by Dexter, then you are going to have the drums removed anyway and it would be the time to repack the bearings and install new seals.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:09 AM   #4
Dan Lockwood

Okay, I just found out what the hose is for. Shows my ignorance of the RV subject...

I believe it's used to help clean out the poo after one's done and some clingers may be hanging around that need to be dealt with on a one on one basis.

But with some great help here I can learn and stop asking such newbie questions.
Old 09-20-2019, 04:18 AM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Those white hoses attached to the toilet are by my understanding used for “personal cleaning”, like a bidet?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 05:10 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

That "personal hose" is cold water only. If one "chooses a cold, wet spray" I suppose it's OK, but personally, I'm not inclined to want "the shivers" from spraying the nether regions with cold water.... I'll leave mine to spraying the "clingers in the bowl" not the personal parts.

As for the model year, the VIN is assigned by Keystone and the year of manufacture is listed in the VIN, so whatever code is in the 10th position will designate the model year. That's a "Keystone responsibilitiy".

The way it's titled (2 axle or 3 axle) is between the dealership and the state in which it's registered. So, I'd suspect that the previous owner either worked a deal for a "dual axle trailer" with the state, the state computer operator who processed the title punched the wrong key on "axle number", or the dealership "finance/title lady" was incompetent or asleep when processing that one, so your sale "followed the old title" or the current dealership may have made the title mistake. Ask to see the previous title and you'll know who did what....

You may, if you want to pursue it, request to see the original title. The dealership will have a copy of it in the documents where they bought the trailer in trade and where they processed your purchase. They had to have a signed title from the previous owner to complete the audit trail from the previous owner to you.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:48 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

As for the last question....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Old_Goat.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	23807  
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 06:11 AM   #8
Dan Lockwood

Thanks all for the great replies.

I would really like to get some cabinets, but I may end up getting some unfinished ones and staining them to match, or close to it anyway.

I know my rig is a '12 by design and floorplan, even though it's titled as a '13, I'll refer to it as a '12; until I try to sell it that is.

Still haven't thought of my last question. Well I have the rig out at the storage lot now, so it may be a few weeks before I think of the question...

Thanks again for the great information and help!
Old 09-22-2019, 01:04 PM   #9
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Well this is a first. We've used clinger, bidet and pee all in the same thread. WINNER!

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
raptor