Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2019, 03:08 AM   #21
Roscommon48

i always leave the 'hard to reach' handle opened. it is jsut for the kitchen sink anyway.

i control my waste with a valve like this.
Valterra Black T58 Twist-On Waste Valve
Roscommon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 03:12 AM   #22
notanlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
They put the label for the dump valve handle located behind a rear tire on the inside of the tire rim. Crawling under the slide and reaching behind the driver rear tire which is normally positioned near or over a fire ant mound and over gravel is one of the greatest joys of my life.
Ya gotta love a member who actually has a sense of humor...AND is a dog lover!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:47 AM   #23
flybouy
Site Team

If mine had a dump valve like that then I think I'd invest in an electric valve. One our unit, the 30# lp tanks are behind a fiberglass panel. Requires removing 4 hand knob BOLTS, set panel aside, reach in OVER THE BATTERY and remove the hoses and the hold down gear. Then lift it out with arms stretched out over the battery box, lift the tank while tilting it out. There's about a 1/4" total clearance between the tank, front cap and battery box to get it out. After having gone thru 7 cervical spine and 3 shoulder surgeries the results of this lp tank changing procedure are colorful to say the least. I try to do this when no one is within earshot to keep anyone from calling a priest and demonologist to the site
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:08 PM   #24
maccam1

I have a cougar 32rli,it has 2 gray tanks,1 valve for both,which is located up above my black tank drain.both gray levels 1 and 2 will give 2 different readings,depending on which tank is used more,and when i empty,they will both say empty
maccam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:46 PM   #25
golfpro

grey tanks

you do have two grey tanks. I found mine purely by accident. there is a second tank behind the drivers side wheels and it is hidden behind and under my slide out. the handle is tucked in and hard to see. you can only see it with the slide out
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 05:43 PM   #26
Audionut

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro View Post
you do have two grey tanks. I found mine purely by accident. there is a second tank behind the drivers side wheels and it is hidden behind and under my slide out. the handle is tucked in and hard to see. you can only see it with the slide out

Back on post 11 and 12 there was a picture posted that seems to be a setup like mine. It appears I have two grey tanks with one valve to drain both as below.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23843&stc=1&d=15695482 63
Attached Images

Audionut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:13 PM   #27
V2wings

Grey tanks

I have 2 grey tanks. One is ion the side but the other is underneath the rv about center below where the sink is located
V2wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 05:51 AM   #28
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro View Post
Oh boy, that must be fun at the dump station! The person waiting in line must be thinking, “What the heck is this guy doing with his slide?”

Tags
tank