Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2024, 04:45 PM   #1
Krewe.of.KRB

Montana 377 FL Window Shade/Cover

My wife and I are looking for window shades and covers for our RV. We really want to black out the master bedroom for daytime naps and when we sleep in a little past daybreak.

Does anyone know where to find window shades/covers that fit the 17-1/2" x 21-1/2" dimension tight to blackout the light?

We cannot find them anywhere and really don't feel like calling the dealer.

I seems the closest we can find online is 16 x 25 ....

thanks
Krewe.of.KRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 05:05 PM   #2
dutchmensport

Don't know about shades, but when I was bachelor (around 1978-79) I lived alone and had a night job, which meant sleeping in daylight hours. I ended up using one bedroom (3 bedroom house) that had only 1 window in it as my sleeping room. In order to darken the room COMPLETELY I taped aluminum foil on the inside of the windows. Just simple Reynolds Wrap kitchen cooking Aluminum Foil. It blacked the room 100% dark. It worked great.... BUT the light shining under the door from the living room windows drove me nuts. I ended up shoving rugs in front of that crack. It worked well.

That's something you might consider. Aluminum Reynolds Wrap doesn't cost much, nor does some masking tape, or an electrical tape, and it removes easy when the time comes you want to remove it completely.

Install the Aluminum Foil in such a way, the window will still slide open and then when when you want some true daylight in the room, all you need to do is open the window and not have to remove the Aluminum Foil.
Old 02-05-2024, 05:29 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

There are a number of "cut to order" blackout window roller shades available online. I believe that Lowe's and Home Depot may still cut roller shades to measure. If not, there's one such site. https://www.selectblinds.com/roller-...er-shades.html

You can order free samples of colors you think might fit your decor.

Currently, this website has a 35% plus an additional 5% off the regular price.

I sized a 17.5" wide by 21.5" long roller shade, cut to size with cordless raise, standard roll and exposed headrail (will be covered by your lambrequin). The price came out to be $22.22 each with free shipping.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 05:40 PM   #4
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewe.of.KRB View Post
My wife and I are looking for window shades and covers for our RV. We really want to black out the master bedroom for daytime naps and when we sleep in a little past daybreak.

Does anyone know where to find window shades/covers that fit the 17-1/2" x 21-1/2" dimension tight to blackout the light?

We cannot find them anywhere and really don't feel like calling the dealer.

I seems the closest we can find online is 16 x 25 ....

thanks
If your in a hurry or waiting for shades to be delivered you can always just go to walmart and buy a couple of their blackout curtains and use regular clothespin’s to attach to the window valance in a couple of places…i do that in the bedroom …also keeps it more private at night with the thin shades…i keep meaning to buy blinds but only seem to remember when im on vacation…maybe i will order some this week…hillbilly engineering but it works…get ones larger then your window of course…I have light colored ones with a pattern but still block out most light
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2435.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	46170  
Old 02-06-2024, 09:59 AM   #5
Krewe.of.KRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There are a number of "cut to order" blackout window roller shades available online. I believe that Lowe's and Home Depot may still cut roller shades to measure. If not, there's one such site. https://www.selectblinds.com/roller-...er-shades.html

You can order free samples of colors you think might fit your decor.

Currently, this website has a 35% plus an additional 5% off the regular price.

I sized a 17.5" wide by 21.5" long roller shade, cut to size with cordless raise, standard roll and exposed headrail (will be covered by your lambrequin). The price came out to be $22.22 each with free shipping.
Thank you....wife ordered samples and this looks like a good place to order

thanks for the help
Krewe of KBR
Dave and Kerry
Krewe.of.KRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 11:24 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krewe.of.KRB View Post
Thank you....wife ordered samples and this looks like a good place to order

thanks for the help
Krewe of KBR
Dave and Kerry
When we built this house (15 years ago), we ordered several "thermal cellular top down/bottom up blinds" in some very difficult to find custom sizes from that company. They are still in use, look very much like they did on day one and we've had no breakage or problems with any of them. In fact, last month, DW wanted "blackout cellular blinds" for our bedroom. We ordered them to fit the inside of the window wells and when they arrived, they were exactly what we ordered. Their website says "error margin 1/8" in width and length" but every one we've ordered has been "exact measurements that we requested".

We've been extremely happy with the shades we've ordered there and they all are still in use and working well. It's a "plus" for us that they're about half the price of buying them from Lowe's.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, montana, wind