Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2023, 03:00 PM   #1
Randallt

Smile Solarflex 200 and “residential refrigerator” option

Hi, I understand that my 23 Bullet Crossfire 1900RD does not come with an inverter. I was curious though about the term ‘residential refrigerator option’. It was listed with an asterisk in a Solarflex document that explained that my model DOES include a factory installed inverter, IF it has the ‘residential refrigerator option’. Just curious, what does that mean? Thanks.

My summer transition from a cozy mountain cabin to a much cozier camper has gone splendidly. I’m still in the country, just not the edge of the wilderness, and have created a cool little spot with shore power, water and a dump station. This is my first experience with living like this and I like it a lot. I served on a submarine though, so maybe it’s in my blood. The camper has something my boat didn’t have though. The giant window in back that closed the deal on my decision to buy the 1900. To be fair, subs don’t have any windows, but still.

Best wishes, Randall
Randallt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 03:26 PM   #2
NH_Bulldog

Not sure where you saw that, but the Bullet line is a lower end unit and comes standard with a 10cf 12v refrigerator or an 8cf gas/electric refrigerator. A residential refrigerator is not even an option.

Once you get into the higher grade premium models like Montana or similar, then a residential refrigerator is standard, mostly because people don’t tend to camp off-grid or change locations a lot at that level.

Keystone literature is notoriously broad, trying to cover as many models as possible with as few words as possible. If you want information as specific to your unit you need to go to your model on the Keystone website or your model’s brochure.

I suspect you just saw something in the SolarFlex brochure which is not specific to any brand/model but rather is a one-size-fits-all piece of “literature”. In order to get a factory inverter in your model you would need to bump up to the SolarFlex 400 with two Lithium batteries at a minimum, but that still wouldn’t get you a residential refrigerator.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 04:12 PM   #3
Randallt

Makes sense, appreciate it!

Tags
solar