Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2017, 07:47 AM   #241
JRTJH
Site Team

That's one of the main reasons we haven't opted for the "outside kitchen". No holding tank on about half the models with that option coupled with the location of the kitchen which makes it difficult to get the "counter height" right when on a sloping campsite were the two reasons we've said no to the upgrade.

As for what to do, there's probably space under your trailer to modify it and install a 20 gallon holding tank, but I'd ask why not just put the "blue tank" on the ground under the dump, connect it with a 6' garden hose and not give it another thought?

From what I can see, at least half, maybe more of the "outside kitchen" sinks drain to a hose connection without a holding tank. It's not just your model, just your brand, just Keystone or just the style of trailer. The lack of a holding tank is an "accepted manufacturing detail" in a very large number of models with the feature. Whether it's "right or wrong," either way, it's an industry wide condition. One reason, as "far fetched" as it may seem is the reluctance to connect a sink used for food preparation to the black tank. With many rear bathroom RV's, that's the closest tank and would/could present sanitary problems if anything should go wrong during use or during towing. Remember, the outside sink is about 3' lower than all the sinks inside the trailer and much closer to the level of the holding tanks and in some models, the sink is actually lower than the top of holding tank would be if installed "normally" just under the RV floor, so it wouldn't drain properly in many applications if a holding tank were installed. Imagine the smells if a venting problem should occur with the tank and that's not even taking any "stopped up tank/overflowing tank" problems into the mix.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:52 AM   #242
Outback 325BH
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedyrck View Post
I have a Cougar 336 BHS with the outside kitchen. We've only had it out twice now, and after talking with the dealer their telling me the outside kitchen sink does not have a grey tank. We litterally washed our hands 6 times and the sink is backing up because there is no where for the water to go other than in the 1 1/4" pipe. I'm really kinda mad because I feel as if I've been deceived. There is a drain valve and handle and a sticker that says grey tank, but there isn't one. I was so confused at first, thinking it was plugged or something. But they say that's just the way it is. I think that's completely rediculous. The kitchen is basically a refrigerator that I could take from my garage and plug in at the campsite if I really wanted it and a sink that doesn't drain to anywhere. I might as well just wash my hands at a hose bib. I can't imagine what the itemized cost of the kitchen that we paid for, but it's really nothing. I could have saved myself about 8' of trailer and a lot of money not getting the kitchen. I'm just wondering if there's room for a tank to be added? I could drain into my portable tank or just onto the ground or in a bucket, but that's not the point. Lao I live in California and I'm sure with this Liberal state if I was draining into the ground I would be fined heavily. Has anyone else ran into this problem or others with the unit itself? I'm having issues with the automatic leveling system as well. Supposed to be state of the art system, another costly option that doesn't work. Thanks for listening!

Are you saying your outdoor kitchen sink doesn't drain into your gray tank?

That seems wrong...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Outback 325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:05 AM   #243
nellie1289

there is no tank.

Get one of these and run a hose to your nearest bush. what other than clean water would you be dumping down that sink anyway. There is no tank. Also if you have hookups get a Y for your sewer hose so you can dump them into one single outlet.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T102...k+hose+adapter
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:44 AM   #244

Having an issue with the furnace fuse. Have blow the fuse about 4 times. All at night. Noticing some correlation with heat being turned up ( too fast I think, like 5degrees or more). It dosent blow it regularly and it works fine for days on end. So my thinking is it's getting too hot. Maybe too much demand from the DW turning the heat from 64 to 75 right before bed. I know she's crazy and that's not proper operation. But would that cause fuse to blow. Is the safety on overheat to blow the fuse or just shut down and my fuse is a different issue. I thought maybe when it gets hot like that the wires warm up and sag and maybe something grounds out. No other ideas. It's very intermittent. And works fine after I replace the fuse. I've tried to tell her to just do 2 degree adjustments but she's stubborn.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:31 AM   #245
Desert Diva

We have the same unit, and my husband has decided that we need a TV in the bedroom.
2 questions: Do you take it down each time you move? Can you easily walk between the bed & the wall now that the TV is taking up a few inches, or do you just go around now? TIA!
Desert Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:37 AM   #246
nellie1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Diva View Post
We have the same unit, and my husband has decided that we need a TV in the bedroom.
2 questions: Do you take it down each time you move? Can you easily walk between the bed & the wall now that the TV is taking up a few inches, or do you just go around now? TIA!
you probably saw my detailed hanging procedures and pics in this thread. I take mine down every time even though I think it would be fine hanging there. it has quick release strings and comes off and goes back on in seconds. see earlier in this thread for a direct link to the bracket I used off amazon. you can easily walk around it on the wall by the way.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 05-15-2017, 09:51 PM   #247
Desert Diva

We are getting ready for our first big trip in our new rig. Kiddos and I are heading from AZ to Alaska... We usually spend the summers visiting a region of National Parks, but this will be our longest journey (mile wise) I have a question re: security on the Cougar 336bhs
I'm not usually a scaredy cat, or I wouldn't go on my own, but one thing about this unit that I did not notice until our shakeout trip was that there are no usable windows on one entire side of the rig...When I hear a noise at night, I like to take a quick peak, and reassure myself that there is nothing there...Has anyone addressed this issue? I am thinking of perhaps a 'Ring' like camera in the kitchen transom window... or mounting a wireless backup camera on the side of the rig, so that I could view what's out there via my phone. Any other ideas? Anyone do anything different that has worked?
And Yes, I know S&W creates pretty good peace of mind, but we will be driving through Canada, so no guns.
Desert Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:23 AM   #248
nellie1289

Sleep in the bunkhouse? . Cameras are probably your only option.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 05-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #249
Cabindweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Diva View Post
We leave our 32" hang all the time (including traveling). We've never had an issue. We have no problem walking through with the TV there. Works very well.

I used the same mount as Nellie.

2017 F350 SuperDuty - Lariat, Crew Cab, PowerStroke, SRW, 4x4
Cabindweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #250

Added some LED pods under the front for arriving after dark. Usually leave after work so I'm last arriving at our sites. Will help with parking as well as set up and maybe useful messing with the hoses or when I drop a beer under the outside kitchen late at night. Simple set up. Mounted the pods to the floor plate of the front storage. Tucked wires up along side the jacks. Fused connection to battery and mounted a little 12v switch in the lip of the battery box to keep everything neat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0041.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	12650   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0043.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	12651   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0042.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	12652  
Old 05-21-2017, 08:21 PM   #251
just doug

Does anyone else have an issue with the bunkhouse extending all the way? From the outside it looks fine, but inside it partially covered a light switch and won't let one of the cabinets open up all the way. It also doesn't;t seat flush against the inside of the coach when opened.

The bracket in the photo is what stops it from closing further. If it was rotated the other direction it would work perfectly.

just doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #252
busterbrown

Looks suspicious. What year is the coach? There are some rv techs on here that can tell you if the slide is extended properly. Does the slide extended and lay flat against the outside seal? To me, it looks like an adjustment is needed.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:41 PM   #253
Cabindweller

Just Doug,

Mine is the same way and I've had no issues as a result. Amazingly, I do think it's supposed to be this way. I asked my dealership during PDI and they weren't sure. They had three other 336BHS models on the lot. We went and looked at all of them and they were the same way. I also looked at the one at the RV show in Cleveland this January and it was the same way. As a result, I just let it go.

2017 F350 SuperDuty - Lariat, Crew Cab, PowerStroke, SRW, 4x4
Cabindweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:58 AM   #254
evadicats

We bought a Fan-tastic fan with remote control to put in the kitchen vent because there's no way I can reach up there to open it manually. Has anyone else put one in a 336BHS yet (ours is a 2016)? How difficult was it finding power? Hubby is very handy but I'd like to save him some time not recreating the wheel if someone's already done this.
Thanks!
Happy Camping this holiday weekend to all!
evadicats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 08:16 PM   #255
Sledjed

Quote:
Originally Posted by evadicats View Post
We bought a Fan-tastic fan with remote control to put in the kitchen vent because there's no way I can reach up there to open it manually. Has anyone else put one in a 336BHS yet (ours is a 2016)? How difficult was it finding power? Hubby is very handy but I'd like to save him some time not recreating the wheel if someone's already done this.
Thanks!

I have also bought a remote fantastic fan for this location but have not yet installed. Hopefully someone else can help us out
Sledjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:13 PM   #256
nellie1289

I have basically written that vent off. Too hard to reach. I Just blast the AC instead
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
Old 05-29-2017, 05:06 AM   #257
Jdg1172

This is my first post on the forum as I just came across it this week.
I picked up my 366 bhs about a month ago. Using it for the first time now. I have only have a few small problems that I knew about before the weekend.
1 The igniter in Atwood stove not working. I can light with match tho.
2 Propane water heater also not igniting. Electric works fine. If hold an aim a flame in the tube it will only light for maybe 5 seconds. Bad igniter or sensor?
3 Fireplace not working. Dealer already knows about this and I will be taking it out and bringing just that to them on Tuesday. They said they'll just replace it asking it test out bad.

1 and 2 I'll prob just fix myself rather then dropping it off at the dealer and waiting for one of there monkeys to attempt to fix it. They have a bad track record in service. Overall the unit has great quality and I'm very happy with it.
I do want to add a fan to the front bedroom, anyone know if there is 12 volt power up there or just 120 for an ac prep.

Joel
Jdg1172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:36 AM   #258
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdg1172 View Post
This is my first post on the forum as I just came across it this week.
I picked up my 366 bhs about a month ago. Using it for the first time now. I have only have a few small problems that I knew about before the weekend.
1 The igniter in Atwood stove not working. I can light with match tho.
2 Propane water heater also not igniting. Electric works fine. If hold an aim a flame in the tube it will only light for maybe 5 seconds. Bad igniter or sensor?
3 Fireplace not working. Dealer already knows about this and I will be taking it out and bringing just that to them on Tuesday. They said they'll just replace it asking it test out bad.

1 and 2 I'll prob just fix myself rather then dropping it off at the dealer and waiting for one of there monkeys to attempt to fix it. They have a bad track record in service. Overall the unit has great quality and I'm very happy with it.
I do want to add a fan to the front bedroom, anyone know if there is 12 volt power up there or just 120 for an ac prep.

Joel
Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO!

This thread has been going on a long time. You may get more help by moving it to the technical posts and starting a new thread. It's kind of buried here.

That said there are a couple of things you can do.
1. Turn off your propane tanks and disconnect your hoses. Then reattach the hoses and SLOWLY turn on the valves. Opening them too fast will kick in a safety feature that limits flow. Once on, light all your stove burners to purge out air in the system.
2. Once the air is purged out, try starting your propane WH again. If it doesn't light the first time, turn it off wait a minute and try it again.

Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:16 AM   #259
Jdg1172

Thanks. I'll give that a shot and try the technical post for some answers.
Jdg1172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:19 PM   #260
cant_remember_ID

Fantastic Fan Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by evadicats View Post
Thanks!
Hi, I can help with this as I did exactly what you want to do last summer. Mine is a 2016 336BHS too. It was about a half day project in all. I ran a new 12 volt set of wires from the fuse box to the fan location. I was't confident the wires running in the ceiling were hot all the time and were big enough. The ceiling is mostly empty, so it is easy enough to run wires through. I removed the vanity from the bathroom, cut a hole about 4 inches square to fish the wire from the ceiling and run it down the wall. I should have been able to fish the wires straight down the wall as it is also hollow, but the guys at the factory get a little crazy with the nail guns and I couldn't get the wire all the way down to the floor behind the fuse box. I ended up cutting another access panel in the back of the upper cupboard to get the wires down the wall. Once the wires were run, it is easy enough with a little electrical work to get everything connected.

So I will also share a little story we discovered this weekend with our Fantastic Fan. We haven't really used it since I installed it last summer because we were always camping where we would run the AC. This weekend it was perfect conditions to open the windows and run the vent. At night however, we would close the windows and open the vent in the master bedroom. This was creating a nice flow of cool air into the bedroom vent and being drawn out by the fantastic fan. The problem is the black tank vent is right by the bedroom ceiling vent. When someone would flush the toilet, a gush of stinky air would be emitted and immediately drawn into the bedroom. We thought there was something wrong with the tank venting, but the stink was only in the bedroom which we thought was weird.

Shoot me any questions if you need more information. Sorry, I should have taken pictures. But overall, we love having the fan with the remote, I no longer have to climb on to the cabinets to open the vent.
cant_remember_ID is offline   Reply With Quote