Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2017, 06:53 AM   #1
Akenny

Bunk house slide not fully extended?

Hi
I am new to the forum and have a question.
I have a 2014 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS. The bunk house slide does not touch the wall when fully extended. There is a gap of four inches. Is this normal? The previous owner said that it is but I have my doubts. The living room slide extends to the wall and from the outside there is the same four inch difference in how far they are out.
Thought?
Akenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:45 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Extend the slide fully and then use a mirror and flash light to inspect the area inside the trailer between the slide flange and the trailer sidewall. There should be a "bulb seal" that is mounted on the slide that contacts the trailer wall to "seal the slide" against the trailer. If that seal is touching the trailer sidewall, that's as far out as the slide travels. If that seal is not contacting the trailer sidewall, then the slide is not fully extended.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:14 AM   #3
Akenny

There is no bulb seal on the inside but I did find that the wire cable bracket is fully seated. So there is no more room for the slide to move. The previous owner was right after all.
Thanks for the help.
Akenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:52 AM   #4
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akenny View Post
There is no bulb seal on the inside but I did find that the wire cable bracket is fully seated. So there is no more room for the slide to move. The previous owner was right after all.
Thanks for the help.
http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/ac...ice-manual.pdf
Old 10-12-2017, 11:30 AM   #5
rsl

the slide may need to be adjusted
rsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 12:47 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Based on what you describe I don't know that I would let the seating of the cable be the determining factor for if it's right or wrong. The slide needs to seal against the trailer wall. If you have one that does and one that sits in 4" that seems problematic.

All of my slides seal to the walls. The do have a wooden trim piece around the edges (maybe 4") but they go to the wall and all close to the same gap. I think you were forwarded the manual for the Norco accuslides so you might look through that to determine if you do or don't have a problem vs thinking the cable adjustment is the final factor.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide