Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Notices

Old 03-16-2019, 03:59 PM   #1
Shasta Bob

New fifth wheel Cougar <34'

Looking for a new Keystone Cougar fifth wheel 34' or less, any ideas on models before purchasing pros and cons all ideas will be considered. im wanting the new auto level and new steps.

Shasta Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 04:16 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The Cougar line is a "mid height fifth wheel". The smallest Cougar fifth wheel is 35'4". It's the 310RLS. There are no current model Cougar fifth wheels shorter than the 310RLS and it is no longer in production, so what's on dealer's lots is all that are available.

There are several Cougar Half Ton models that are shorter than 34' and most of them are available with automatic leveling. The entire Cougar Half Ton line are "light weight models" with the queen bed aligned front to back and there are no "bed slides" on any of the Half Ton Cougar line. Additionally, they all have a "laminated floor" and other "light construction techniques" that you may or may not prefer. The link below compares the two smallest Cougar models:

https://www.keystonerv.com/product-f...e/?l=3791,3792

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:55 PM   #3
Spinkboy

29RKS is what I have. 33.7 feet long. Depends on your needs and use but love mine.
Spinkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:47 PM   #4
nellie1289

Hey Shasta bob. Pull up Portland Craig’s list and look at my 336bhs. It’s a 2015. I’m not really trying to sell it but it is currently posted. I have thought about a toy hauler recently. We are in the neighborhood. Actually my first pic In there is at in n out in Medford !
2018 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:35 AM   #5
freejgar

Love out Half ton Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post

There are several Cougar Half Ton models that are shorter than 34' and most of them are available with automatic leveling. The entire Cougar Half Ton line are "light weight models" with the queen bed aligned front to back and there are no "bed slides" on any of the Half Ton Cougar line. Additionally, they all have a "laminated floor" and other "light construction techniques" that you may or may not prefer. The link below compares the two smallest Cougar models:

https://www.keystonerv.com/product-f...e/?l=3791,3792
I have a Half ton 283RETWE. It has 3 slides. Two opposing in the front which makes it more than roomy enough for a family of 4, and one slider up front for the closet. We love our rig. Yes, there are some differences like the laminate flooring etc, but I pull this rig with my Ram and and anderson ultimate and love it. The only pay off that I'm not so keen on is the 30amp services, but realistically that has only been a factor a few times when I really wished I had two AC units. Otherwise all things are great with our Half Ton Cougar.

Best of luck making up your decision.

Jim
freejgar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, fifth wheel