Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2019, 07:33 AM   #1
Johnandhelen

Exclamation 2018 Impact furnace problem

I have a 2018 Impact. Left the RV for a week, with the thermostat set to 64, propane ran out. Noticed this when I got back. Switched tanks, turned on furnace, fan ran for a couple of seconds then turned off. I do have gas flowing. Lit burners on stove. Have tried turning on multiple times.

Any suggestions?

Frustrated in Havasu
Johnandhelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 07:04 PM   #2
bobbecky

You may have opened up the propane cylinder valve too fast, which could have set the excess flow valve. This would still allow the range and water heater to work, but there would not be enough volume of gas to make the furnace work. Turn off the cylinder valve, remove the pigtail from the cylinder, put it back on, and then VERY SLOWLY open the cylinder valve. Then it may take a couple tries, but your furnace should work if that valve had been set to restrict flow.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:28 PM   #3
Johnandhelen

Thanks for the advice. I tried what you said, but the furnace still did not work. It kicks the fan on for 15 or so seconds, then turns off.

I'm open to any other suggestions ��
Old 02-24-2019, 02:15 AM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

What colors are the flames on the stove? Any yellow? What are the ambient temps? Are you sure the tank you changed to is full? Is your battery charged to get 12 v to the control board so the ignitor will strike?

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:16 AM   #5
whcarr

Had a similar experience on our 2017 fusion, there's a on/off switch on the side of the furnace, turned it off for a few seconds then back on. This was per the Manuel, all better. Good luck.Bill
whcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 01:25 PM   #6
Johnandhelen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
What colors are the flames on the stove? Any yellow? What are the ambient temps? Are you sure the tank you changed to is full? Is your battery charged to get 12 v to the control board so the ignitor will strike?
Chip,
There is blue orange flames on the burners. Ambient temperature is between 60's daytime to 40's night

We are connected to shore power in an RV park

Bill,

I'll look for that switch and give it a try
Old 02-24-2019, 02:29 PM   #7
bobbecky

The flames should be blue, no orange. You may have a problem with the regulator that is not allowing enough gas to flow for the furnace. Another problem that would not allow the furnace to ignite is a faulty sail switch.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:23 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Reading the OP's first post, the furnace was working properly, he ran out of propane and it wouldn't "fire off" after he turned the other propane tank on. It sounds like when the propane tank "ran out of gas" the furnace, when the thermostat next called for heat, went into "lockout".... He turned on the "full propane tank" and has gas at the stove burners, so logically he has gas at the furnace (assuming no catastrophic failure occurred). The only difference is that the furnace "went into lockout" and apparently hasn't been "reset". Some furnaces will "auto reset" when power is removed, some have a switch that must be turned off, then back on (per whcarr).

I wouldn't start disassembling anthing or pulling components for replacement until I read "The owner's manual" for the furnace to see what "safety lockout" needs to be reset. Chances are nothing's wrong with the furnace, it's an "owner induced safety device lockout".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:19 PM   #9
Johnandhelen

Thanks Bob,

I will be talking to the local service guy tomorrow and let him know what I have checked so far.

Tags
furnace