Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2018, 10:08 AM   #1
lee lyons

hot water heated bypass valve.

2017 30ft keystone hideout. Where is the hot water bypass located? Thank you.
lee lyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:48 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Generally right at the back of the water heater, usually behind a panel or something similar. If you do a search many pics and diagrams have been posted on the subject.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
travelin texans

Lee, no offense to you, but this is starting to sound like a broken record! I wonder if there are any dealers out there that know how/where to bypass the water heater either? How do they confirm during the walk thru that the water heater works on both gas & electric if it's bypassed. How many newbies have there been lately that apparently the dealer didn't show them how/where to do this. Not faulting the newbies, we were all there once, but do blame the dealers lack of information. They're quick to point out all the bling, but not the stuff you need to know.
If your dealer didn't point it out either, you'll need to ask someone here where the tv antenna booster is located on your particular model. You'll need it to use the the antenna, but not the cable or satellite.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:02 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

travelin texans - Don't forget..
How the thermostat work for heat/air conditioning
The difference between AC and DC and what operates on each
how the radio works
how the television works, including changing inputs and chanel search
where the light switches are and what size light bulbs fit
where the blank/gray water tanks are and how many there are and how to dump them
how to fill the FW tank and where is the winterization valve for the pump and instructions on it's use
how to operate the fridge on gas or electric
what the battery disconnect switch does and how long the battery will last without a re-charge
what size beds do they have

Seems like those are the recent repetitive questions that come to mind. I really feel for the OP as well new owners out there. Seems to me from observing the posts here that as RV sales increase the dealers PDI's decrease in thuoroness. I love trying to help people but I think it may help the new forum members if there was a link in the New Forum Members section linking the most asked questions to an automatic search on those subjects.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:33 AM   #5
ChuckS

Yup a lot of dealerships don’t tell the customer the important things they need to know. They want the return service dollars for simple things most
Could do

During my walk thru I asked how to override to manual if slides and LG wouldn’t work with switches.

Had to get service guy out and told them no sake until they demo me how to operate my hydraulic system in manual.

First time they had ever been asked to do that. Ain’t no fun if you are in the woods with no cell service and can’t operate slides or LG manually.

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, water