Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM   #31
tech740

I use the safety chains. I have a few friends that are dressed in blue. They said if a gooseneck needs them then the Andersen needs them. Granted that is their interpretation, but I figure for the extra 2 seconds it takes to connect them it saves time on the side of the road if I am ever stopped. It is a ball and coupler connection, no way to argue that. I have also read it is certified as a fifth wheel connection but that doesn't make it a pin connection is what I was told. Right or wrong I will just use them and not have to worry about the headache. Slit a pool noodle and place them in that and the noise goes away also.

2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7L 3:73 Deleted with Smarty Jr. Andersen Ultimate Hitch
2011 Cougar 322QBS
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM   #32
mcomeaux

Pool Noodle

Great Idea I'm going that direction myself...

mcomeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:32 AM   #33
SC Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech740 View Post
I use the safety chains. I have a few friends that are dressed in blue. They said if a gooseneck needs them then the Andersen needs them. Granted that is their interpretation, but I figure for the extra 2 seconds it takes to connect them it saves time on the side of the road if I am ever stopped. It is a ball and coupler connection, no way to argue that. I have also read it is certified as a fifth wheel connection but that doesn't make it a pin connection is what I was told. Right or wrong I will just use them and not have to worry about the headache. Slit a pool noodle and place them in that and the noise goes away also.
I agree completely and even wrote a review on Amazon stating as much. Andersen needs to step up and include chains with this hitch! Laws very state to state, but most require safety chains on all ball set ups!
SC Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:55 AM   #34
RLo

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=169.82

I would run them, mn statute above. Isn’t worth the hassle on the side of the road.

RLo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel, hitch