Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2015, 07:26 AM   #1
sptddog

Awning LEDs not working...

I have a 2013 Fuzion with the awning LEDs in the roller, not stuck to the side of the camper under the awning. They've been gradually looking less and less happy (a few bulbs out here and there), but they worked fine. This weekend they worked fine 2 nights, but on the third they wouldn't turn on at all. I think I may have pre-empted this, as I got on the roof during the day and took the broom down the top of the awning gutter and cleaned all the gunk out from the trees. Husband thinks I pulled a wire (I, of course, don't think I did, but it's safe to assume I may have, so I'm posting here ) loose. I did go back up on the roof, and there is no obvious wire pulled out, but that doesn't mean one isn't loose.

What I'm looking for help on is whether or not one wire directly runs both sets of lights from a power perspective. Since both are out, it leads me to believe that it's either at the switch, it's at the point where the wire enters the camper and heads for the switch (the front awning I presume), or both light strips just miraculously took a crap at the same time. There are two sets of wires I could have hit, one at the front of the front awning where it enters the camper, or one at the front of the second awning where it enters the camper. I'm not sure which would be the issue, or if it could be either one.

If it is the light strip itself, where does one get replacement strips, and how to they install? Do they just slide into the slit in the awning and have a connector piece that connects to the wiring sewn into the side of the awning? I can't imagine you have to rethread wiring to replace them....

I'd prefer to troubleshoot myself as I know the labor at the dealer is expensive, and if it's a simple check connections, I can have someone more knowledgeable in wiring crawl up there and take a look at them.
sptddog is offline   Reply With Quote