Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2023, 06:26 PM   #1
GRP

Winter Storage for 2023 Cougar 26RBS

We just bought this Cougar a little over a month ago. Camping season just got underway but I'm already thinking ahead for this winter.

I'm planning on purchasing a form fitting camper cover that will allow door access to enter the camper, if needed, this winter.

My biggest question is do you shovel/roof rake the snow from the roof? If so, how much snow is too much snow for this camper? The roof is curved which is supposed to make it stronger. Do the roofs get shoveled off in winter when sitting on the RV Dealers lot?

Our last camper was a TrailManor 3023. I always covered it with a tarp secured with bungee cords and if the snow got more than a few feet on the camper I would remove the snow.

The Cougar is lots higher and a totally different design. Just wondering if I need to worry about snow on the roof, or not? Also has the solar panel on the roof. Any considerations with that? Should I put supports under the panel so snow doesn't damage it or are they really rugged?

Just doing the weekend thing for now!
GRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 12:58 PM   #2
Bandito

I haven’t heard of anyone needing to shovel snow from the roof of their trailer, but if you are talking about getting a number of feet of snow on top, you may need to consider it.

The span of the roof is narrow enough that I would think that they are very strong so I wouldn’t be too concerned about it.

As for the solar panels, I would think that they’d be okay as well as they should be designed for snow loads since they are intended for roof mounting.

Tags
cougar, storage, winter