Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2018, 09:11 AM   #1
skane

Wheel Well Covers

Hello, curious, has anyone attempted to replace the wheel well covers on their campers? Mine has started to crack and I want to replace it. I own a 2016 passport, just called the dealer and they said it might be TOO OLD

Still waiting on the call back but just wondering what others experience has been?

Sean
Old 08-06-2018, 09:23 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

There is a list of websites and physical addresses for RV parts and supplies locate on this forum. You can find it at the first thread in the Repairs & Maintenance section (same as this thread). It's located here: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=12986 You can also do a forum search for "Wheel Well" and there are several discussion threads detailing what other owners have done to locate, manufacture, repair or replace their broken/damaged wheel wells.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:36 AM   #3
tech740

Wheel Well Covers

Just replaced one two weeks ago. I called the dealer and it was 49.99 plus 26 to ship it. Mines a 2011.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:56 PM   #4
Pull Toy

They're pretty much a standard size Check with your local RV store. Based on the age of your camper they won't necessarily be "Brand "Specific". measure from the center of your axle caps to the leading edge, and trailing edge of your current fenders. Even better yet, take one off and bring it with you, along with a picture of it installed. They'll have you ready to go in no time!

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:35 PM   #5
Ken / Claudia

On this TT, I have had cracks develop along 8 of the ten screws on the passenger side only. Just spend time looking up replacements and found some. I tried to epoxy the inside on the fender and put it back on and two of the glued aeras popped open again due to the flex as I put it in place. I epoxied the out outside than also. So far it is holding. I than noted that the shirting in front of that fender on that only is really flexible. Wondering if that could have transferred to the shirt. I placed one more brace from frame to shirt and no more flex. If they keep cracking than I will replace them likely the upgraded ICON brand. They claim they are thicker/stronger than the factory shirts. If anyone has purchased them, please advise if they were worth it. I believe for my trailer they were around 150 unknown if that is single or pair.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:49 PM   #6
Pull Toy

A cheap fix that might just work!

Count the number of screws holding on your wheel well flairs. Then go to your local Hardware store and ask for "Bevel Washers" of the proper size. These will spread the stress on the plastic holes over a larger footprint and probably hide the stress cracks. They won't look as much like a patch job that a flat washer would. They come in stainless, or prime and paint to match, your choice.

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover