Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2019, 08:56 PM   #1
Apalinto

Basement TV Mount

Greetings to the group. We own a Cougar Model 315RLS 5th Wheel and it came with a bracket in the basement on which to mount a TV. I was wondering if anyone has found an articulating arm that works with the supplied bracket? Wish I had a better picture, but the attached is all I have at the time of this post.
https://imgur.com/M3VAA1F
Apalinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:08 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Have you looked at the back of the TV inside the coach? Sometimes the outside is just the wall bracket and you have to take the inside tv outside.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 07:18 AM   #3
Pull Toy

Welcome to the group from Southeastern Connecticut.

Our 5er also has a basement coax / 110v prep for an outside TV. No TV was supplied. so we bought a 32" Samsung. I started researching a mounting system, but used the TV on its original base stand in the meantime.

We reached the conclusion that this approach is more adaptable to different situations, Even under the awning, there are times where the glare on the screen makes it unwatchable, With a free standing set, you just move it. With a mounted set, you're pretty much limited in your options.

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:31 AM   #4
smithfrh

The TV in our bedroom on our cougar 368mbi is the one that mounts out side just lift the arm and TV together.
smithfrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 09:26 PM   #5
Apalinto

Thanks for your help chuckster57, yes, I have looked at the bedroom set and the articulating arm is on a wall bracket, it is a lot larger that the one in the basement, but that could be the way it was intended to be used. At this point, I think I am going to skip trying to mount it up, and just use the extra TV I have from my previous trailer on a n exterior table.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:30 PM   #6
Apalinto

Thanks Pull Toy, I believe that I am going to follow your lead and skip the mounting and place my little TV on a table as needed.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:33 PM   #7
Apalinto

Thanks for your reply smithfrh, my wife would kill me if I took the TV out of the bedroom, but I believe you are right about the ability to swap, I just have this extra TV from our old trailer and wanted to put it to use.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:26 AM   #8
Vet4jdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apalinto View Post
Thanks for your reply smithfrh, my wife would kill me if I took the TV out of the bedroom, but I believe you are right about the ability to swap, I just have this extra TV from our old trailer and wanted to put it to use.
I took down the factory mount because I didn't like it's limitations. I went to Amazon and bought am inexpensive articulating arm mount with universal bracket for a 32" tv. It works great in the basement and I can move it to different angle to help with glare.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:26 PM   #9
Apalinto

Good solution Vet4jdc. At least you know it's going to work up front. Thanks for your reply.

Tags
tv mount