Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2019, 05:41 PM   #41
Crackerjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianshellhart View Post
I have a 2009 31' keystone cougar fifth wheel recently the original plastic gear box broke so i replaced it. I went to lift it to put it on the back end of my truck and kept blowing fuses. All jacks were up everything was ready to go. So I figured I might have put the motor under stress before the gearbox went I ordered a new motor. Got the new motor and when I go to lift all i get is a rat a tat tat. I can engage the motor and manually lift it with ease but the motor wont lift by itself it will go down just fine but won't lift. I called the dealership I got the rv from and the motor thru and they ordered another motor picked up the new motor and everything is the same so can I get some advise as to where to look next.
I bought my 2009 Cougar brand new and had some of the same problems you seem to be having. First the 40amp fuses for the landing gear would blow every time I would raise or lower them. I cut the fuse holder out and installed a 40Amp circuit breaker, which took about thirty minutes, and it’s still working as we speak. As far as the click click click, the culprit is probably a CHEAP machine screw that goes through the shaft and the collar that turns with the motor. I turned the shaft until the holes lined up and drove the so-called machine screw out an put in a stainless one. I haven’t had a problem with either in 10years. Also, if you store it hooked up to power, you need to change out the cheap inverter for a three stage charger maintainer, to keep from blowing up your house battery.
Crackerjack
Crackerjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
landing gear