Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Freeways & Byways
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2017, 03:54 AM   #1
gearhead

Road notes & casualty report

To Richmond VA. For the NASCAR race. As previously reported, the loop around Atlanta was good, but it was Saturday. Race went well, no issues other than it was HOT. Went to Columbia SC state archives on the way back and the DW hit the jackpot on some family history research. I wanted to bypass Atlanta so we got off I-20 westbound at Madison GA and worked our way to the COE campgrounds at West Point Lake. Nice campgrounds. Not level but well spaced with a lot of trees. Only issue with driving back roads was in Monticello GA. Negotiating the traffic circle around the courthouse and a FedEx van stops in front of me, turns on the flashers and gets out, walks through 4 empty parking spots and up the courthouse steps. I started to just sit there and see how bad traffic got but I drove the wrong side of the street and got around. I stayed on I-20 through Meridian MS and took LA 165 south to Colfax LA and a decent Red River Authority CG. Checked out a LA Forest Service CG at Woodworth (nice) and visited the family cemetery in Melder. Leave home this morning.
Casualties....pendant light over the sink pulled out of the ceiling, again. The road side slide seal is leaking a little after driving all day in rain. The DW tripped over a curb in front of a Cracker Barrel and fell face first into the sidewalk. A big goose bump and 2 black eyes. She's getting better, but people look at me kinda funny.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:20 AM   #2
bsmith0404

Sounds like a nice trip. Sure she tripped.........

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 04:53 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

That's your story, stick with it!!! Sounds like another successful trip.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:27 AM   #4
xrated

When I played Little League baseball as a kid, my mom was at one of our games and sitting in a lawn chair just beyond our bench down the first base side. One of our players hit a foul ball and she never saw it coming, and hit her right above the eyebrow line. She went to the hospital for seven stiches and by the time she got there, she had two black eyes. Unfortunately, she was on jury duty that week, and when she sat down in the courtroom the next morning with sunglasses on, the judge told her to take them off in his courtroom. She didn't comply immediately and he told her again. She asked if she could just leave them on and he told her NO!.....and why did she want to keep them on? She asked if she could walk up to the bench and he motioned her up. When she showed him her eyes, he about fell out and wanted to know what had happened ( I guess they always suspect a fight at home). She told him the story, he rolled his eyes in disbelief, and told her she could put them back on and to take her seat. She was so embarrassed.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:44 AM   #5
Tbos

Glad you had a good trip, except the fall of course. Hope she heals quickly.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:06 AM   #6
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
... The DW tripped over a curb in front of a Cracker Barrel and fell face first into the sidewalk. A big goose bump and 2 black eyes. She's getting better, but people look at me kinda funny.
The DW used to play softball, many years ago... catcher, she was going for a pop fly, into the sun and it hit right on the upper orbit of her right eye... stitches first.

By the time she got up off the ground and back to the bench, she had a large blood sack above her eye.

All that blood settle around both eyes and her nose... I would walk several paces behind her after that, because when I stood next to her, I felt I could be harmed or arrested... one lady offer to take where she could get help.

-Brian
Old 05-08-2017, 11:16 AM   #7
gearhead

Yeah it was a good trip. She's looking better day by day. A little make-up will cover most of it at this point.
Just got home and checked the refrigerator. 41 degrees. Beats me, maybe it just wanted some attention. But thinking of adding fans.
New Carlisle HD were mighty fine. Held air and ran cool. New self adjusting brakes from eTrailer worked well too. The Mexican Fiat truck made better mileage dropped down a gear to 5th.
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
Old 05-08-2017, 11:18 AM   #8
gearhead

All that blood settle around both eyes and her nose... I would walk several paces behind her after that, because when I stood next to her, I felt I could be harmed or arrested... one lady offer to take where she could get help.

I frequently worked it in conversations that "I didn't do it".
And...I took her to a nearby emergency clinic right after and they checked for concussion (eye pupils) and felt for broken bones (none). Tylenol and ointment.
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
Old 05-08-2017, 07:12 PM   #9
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I frequently worked it in conversations that "I didn't do it".
And...I took her to a nearby emergency clinic right after and they checked for concussion (eye pupils) and felt for broken bones (none). Tylenol and ointment.
Preponderance of the evidence....

Glad she's ok.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote