Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
H308

Grey water tank valve issue

Hi all,

Does any one had any issue with their Grey water tank valve. This evening, I tried to empty the Grey water tank on my 2010 raptor 3812 and while pulling on the lever the valve did not opened. My guess is the cable came lose at the valve. My question, is it a difficult task to open the under belly and reconnect the cable or is it a major process? Thanks for any advice

v/r

Harry
H308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:48 AM   #2
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by H308 View Post
Hi all,

Does any one had any issue with their Grey water tank valve. This evening, I tried to empty the Grey water tank on my 2010 raptor 3812 and while pulling on the lever the valve did not opened. My guess is the cable came lose at the valve. My question, is it a difficult task to open the under belly and reconnect the cable or is it a major process? Thanks for any advice.
It is not much of a job to drop the coroplast under belly material. FWIW, Keystone cut several small (1' x 1') access flaps on mine during production, and then closed them up with silver HVAC tape. I replaced that with Gorilla tape for color match. The may be some places where sprayed in foam insulation is bonded to the coroplast.

My point being that rather than drop a hundred square feet of material, you might think about cutting a smaller section to get at your tank valve.

The valve/cable repair is an unknown until you can see the problem. Depends if something broke or just came loose. Worst come to worst, if you can dump and rinse the tank once you can see and reach the valve itself, replacing the whole valve/cable assembly is a fairly easy job in itself.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
H308

Fixed

Thanks for the reply and any advices. I opened the under belly and took care of the issue. Now the valve is working properly.

v/r

Harry
Old 02-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #4
TeamCyBo

Quote:
Thanks for the reply and any advices. I opened the under belly and took care of the issue. Now the valve is working properly.

v/r

Harry
And............what did you find? Don't keep us in suspense.

Bo

Roy Rogers said it best, "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again".

https://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/.../thefamily.jpg
TeamCyBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
H308

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCyBo View Post
And............what did you find? Don't keep us in suspense.

Bo

The valve was working properly and what most likely happened is the valve was not all the way closed, which was the cause of having an empty Grey tank. Also, soap scum must be the culprit because the sensors show that the tank is 3/4 full at all time. It is a new issue and my Raptor is properly leveled. My intent is to attempt to flush the Grey tank with soap scum remover a few times, and hopefully it will do the trick?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
TeamCyBo

Quote:
The valve was working properly and what most likely happened is the valve was not all the way closed, which was the cause of having an empty Grey tank. Also, soap scum must be the culprit because the sensors show that the tank is 3/4 full at all time. It is a new issue and my Raptor is properly leveled. My intent is to attempt to flush the Grey tank with soap scum remover a few times, and hopefully it will do the trick?
Thanks H, please keep us posted on your results. Folks on here have probably experienced part or all of your situation. Your findings will probably help someone down the road.

Thanks again,
Bo

Roy Rogers said it best, "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again".

https://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/.../thefamily.jpg
TeamCyBo is offline   Reply With Quote