Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2018, 06:43 PM   #1
mcomeaux

Arisun Tire Good/Bad??

Just purchased a Keystone Fuzion with Arisun's installed on it OEM.
Having been in the tire industry for a period of 40 yrs I'm a bit apprehensive running Chinese tires. I've seen more than a share of failures and damage to trailers as a result of off shore tires. Not wanting to start a brand war but rather hear what kind of success/failures user's are experiencing with off-shore brands. Goodyear lost traction in the trailer/Rv market and subsequently brought their molds and production back to the mainland after an affair with China production practice's. My research is showing Goodyear as only American Made ST235/85R16 G Rated.
mcomeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:14 PM   #2
bobbecky

Besides the G614, Goodyear is now making the Endurance in the USA. https://www.tirebuyer.com/trailer/go...e/style/530090
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:04 AM   #3
Tinner12002

Is your Fuzion new or used because when we were looking at them they were using Sailun tires from the factory?? Several people including myself will recommend the Sailuns even though they are also made in China. Great tire for a heavy hauler and not heard of any issues with them.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:49 AM   #4
mcomeaux

2017 Fuzion 345

Mine was a new model that was a slow seller...
I looked at the Goodyear Endurance but it showed only in E Rating 10 ply.
I'm seeing the Sailun as a preferred tire my confidence level in Chinese is very low considering the failures in others produced there. Interesting though sounds like the Sailun's are proven here...
Old 05-30-2018, 05:04 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

There are probably 50-75 members with Sailun tires on the forum and I can't recall anyone posting a negative comment about them. That's no guarantee that you won't be the first to experience a problem, but ......

If I were in the market for new "G" rated tires, I'd seriously consider Sailun as my first choice. I haven't read anything bad about them, although I don't frequent tire forums, just RV forums where there's "limited" tire discussion.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:37 AM   #6
KYFamily

I've had Sailuns on my Avalanche going on two years and couldn't be happier. When I first bought them and compared them to my old tires I couldn't believe the difference. Almost blew out my scrotum trying to get them on the hub. Since I bought mine, my brother and another friend have bought them. They are that good but that's my humble opinion.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:31 AM   #7
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcomeaux View Post
Mine was a new model that was a slow seller...
I looked at the Goodyear Endurance but it showed only in E Rating 10 ply.
I'm seeing the Sailun as a preferred tire my confidence level in Chinese is very low considering the failures in others produced there. Interesting though sounds like the Sailun's are proven here...
The new GY tire for 7K axles is a wider tire. At LRE it provides 4080# of load capacity at 80 PSI.

GY Endurance ST255/85R16E
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:45 AM   #8
mikz86ta

Our 2016 Fuzion has them. Seem sturdy and no issues. I was skeptical about them also and did a fine amount of research......no negatives found
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:48 AM   #9
travelin texans

For less than the price of replacing 3 of 4 GY 614s G rated I was able to buy 4 Sailun 17.5" H rated tires, wheels, center caps & lug nuts shipped to my door & don't regret the decision one bit.
Some will say overkill, I say plenty of safety margin & no more tire worries.
Click image for larger version

Name:	0413171006a.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	16686
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:49 AM   #10
CWtheMan

Quote:
Arisun Tire Good/Bad??

Having been in the tire industry for a period of 40 yrs I'm a bit apprehensive running Chinese tires. I've seen more than a share of failures and damage to trailers as a result of off shore tires. Not wanting to start a brand war but rather hear what kind of success/failures user's are experiencing with off-shore brands. Goodyear lost traction in the trailer/Rv market and subsequently brought their molds and production back to the mainland after an affair with China production practice's. My research is showing Goodyear as only American Made ST235/85R16 G Rated.
Tredit has been a long time provider of OEM wheel/tire assemblies for Keystone RV trailers.

Below is one of their web sites.

http://www.tredittire.com/tires

Even though they provide the new GY endurance brand, I doubt Keystone would approve a tire of another size as an option.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:30 PM   #11
mikz86ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
For less than the price of replacing 3 of 4 GY 614s G rated I was able to buy 4 Sailun 17.5" H rated tires, wheels, center caps & lug nuts shipped to my door & don't regret the decision one bit.
Attachment 16686
Nice! Pretty sweet rims
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:42 PM   #12
mcomeaux

Tires and wheels

Are the wheels rated for our trailer use?
What is the price point and supplier....
Thanks for all the input from users regarding my questions. I've read up on the investors and the start up and sounds like a solid Mfg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
Attachment 16686
Old 06-04-2018, 09:24 AM   #13
mcomeaux

CW are you currently running Goodyears?
Old 06-04-2018, 10:36 AM   #14
travelin texans

I got mine from Performance Trailer Braking, but they no longer offer the Sailuns.
On another forum a fellow said he bought wheels one place & GY 114s somewhere else for nearly $2400, the Sailun tires should be $600+ cheaper.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:23 PM   #15
CWtheMan

Quote:
CW are you currently running Goodyears?
Not on our 5er. On it we've been using a very unpopular ST brand for more than 10 years and thousands of miles in more than 40 states. They are easy to find when needed and have always performed well for us. They provide 18% of load capacity reserves above the axles maximum load capacity and we never travel overloaded.

When we were full timing it, we scaled our rig at least twice a year. Now we scale it after loading-up for any trip. We like to know just how much fluid weight we can carry and what we can add and bring home from our adventures.

Right on the Cedar River, American Legion Post 137, Jacksonville, FL.
http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=14111
Old 06-07-2018, 09:14 AM   #16
jim8588

Quote:
Just made my first trip from Michigan to Charleston SC and back on new Goodyear Endurances. Love them. Temps ran 20 degrees cooler than old tires and they were great in very heavy freeway rain and tracked well in wind. No sway. I have a 321FRL fifth wheel Sydney edition. Blew out one of the the OEM (cant remember what brand) and replaced all 4 late last year. Will buy them again down the road. (They are made in the US with extra sidewall protection)
jim8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #17
MisaLetet

We have a 2016 Fuzion 4141

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikz86ta View Post
Our 2016 Fuzion has them. Seem sturdy and no issues. I was skeptical about them also and did a fine amount of research......no negatives found

We have the Arisun's on our rig as well. They have fared well on the trip from the dealership in Turlock to Apple Valley California (350 miles) and a long trip from Apple Valley to Missoula Montana (1135 miles). We will be bringing it back to California from Montana next weekend. I will let you know if we have any issues
MisaLetet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 02:54 PM   #18
Fuzion 369

We have sailuns on our fuzion as well. So far no issues and look like they are wearing well.
Fuzion 369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 05:58 PM   #19
Retired CSIGuy

Whatever they have handy

Been in the tire business many, MANY years. Sold em ALL over the years. RV mfgs, just like car/truck mfgs, buy tires in bulk, and they grab WHATEVER is handy when they are slapping tires on the finished unit. Usually any “TS” (trailer service) tire is the CHEAPEST tire they can find. Doesn’t matter the brand. If you’re going to leave the TS tire on the rig, you should chk the mfg date. It will be on the sidewalk as two numerals i.e. 06/17, or 6/17. That means the was manufactured the 6th week of 2017. Those tires may have sat stacked in a warehouse for months, if not years. NEVER , EVER accept your rig if the tires are over a year old. The first chance you get, pull the crap TS tires off and put LT (Light Truck) tires, min 10ply, Load Range E minimum on the rig and ALWAYS keep them at max pressure (also on the sidewall) stored or on the road
Retired CSIGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #20
Fuzion 369

I do need to check date. When I do switch them yes I have heard light truck tires are the way to go. Just need to make sure they are rated for the weight of 5r loaded
Fuzion 369 is offline   Reply With Quote