Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2018, 09:08 PM   #1
Ron

Voltage 3970

Hello everyone, have not been on the forum for awhile, bought a new Voltage 3970 a few months ago, love the floor plan but not happy with the living area slides not going out all the way, after reading a post online, I guess when Dutchman switched from the Swintek slide out system to the cable system, the did not reegineer the slide frame, the brackets on the inside of the trailer are install backward and hit the slide frame before the slide is completely out, if it would go completely out, it would hit the slide motor at the top at the molding location, in my opinion the top molding could of been brought out a little further properclearances etc. not really happy about this issue.

I am going to do further research and see what I can do to possible remedy the problem, has anyone else noticed this issue with there Voltage Toy Hauler
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:28 PM   #2
spicercars

You might want to check on the Dutchman forum. This is for keystone products.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:38 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicercars View Post
Dutchman is owned by THOR Industries and all of their management, warranty and owner relations is managed through Keystone RV. About 4 years ago THOR assigned all management responsibility to Keystone RV and consolidated all the corporate offices at the Keystone facility.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 08:45 AM   #4
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicercars View Post
I do belong to the Dutchman Forum but could not get online at the time, going to give them a call about this issue and see what they will do, my guess it will probably be my problem to solve..

My question is why do we have to keep paying for poorly made rvs at an inflated price....
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:34 AM   #5
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I do belong to the Dutchman Forum but could not get online at the time, going to give them a call about this issue and see what they will do, my guess it will probably be my problem to solve..

My question is why do we have to keep paying for poorly made rvs at an inflated price....
Well the simple answer is, because we all keep buying them!
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:44 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

^^^ X2. What he said !!! If you look at any RV dealership, people are lined up with cash in hand, waiting to buy the next model to be delivered. Until the dealerships become a deserted sandbox, the manufacturers will keep "grinding them out just like last year" (with a 10% increase in production numbers)......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #7
dcg9381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
My take would be to document via Accu-slide that the slide system is installed incorrectly (best in writing, they have a great tech) and then I'd take it up with the dealer, forwarding the documentation from Accu-slide.

Likely this is NOT an issue that a dealer can fix, but it would be possible with a factory repair... A few of our rigs (including mine) have made their way back to the factory to fix stuff that was beyond dealer scope.. Or beyond Thor's willingness to pay the dealer to make it right.

PM me if Thor declines to make this right and you can show that it's a factory mistake. I had some assistance.

Looks like changing the design started in 2015:
https://www.facebook.com/VoltageToyH...90053657680955
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:03 PM   #8
travelin texans

Same as they did last year with the Crossroads line!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote