Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2023, 04:59 PM   #1
Photoguyjohn

2013 Hideout Furnace

Hi,
I have a 2013 20’ Hideout that I bought used from a private seller. The furnace doesn’t come on at all and the gas is on for sure. I remove the front cover, it is located under the oven. I can’t find any voltage is present. I went back to the distribution box and I can’t find a fuse or breaker that is labeled furnace. All the fuses appear to be good and I don’t know why there isn’t any voltage at the unit, any suggestions? Thank you in advance for any help. Ohh, I also cannot figure out the model number of the furnace.
Photoguyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 09:26 AM   #2
Stangfire

Maybe an issue with the thermostat control?
Stangfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2023, 06:18 PM   #3
Nv2Evil4U

Just wondering if you had any luck figuring out your furnace. I’m a new owner of a 2015 Hideout & I’m having the same exact issue. I don’t think the furnace has ever been used at all either. Mine is in the same place as yours also. Any tips or ideas would be wonderful & extremely appreciated. My son & I are living in it until our house is finished being remodeled. It’s getting quite cold @ night here in central Nv.
Nv2Evil4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 09:34 AM   #4
Nanaof21

I also have a2015 hideout. Any help with figuring the furnace issue. I'm a newbie in RVing, let alone this RV.
I currently have no heart, and my outlets stopped working last night
Thank you in advance
Nanaof21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 10:24 AM   #5
Stangfire

The furnace runs off 12V power so make sure you battery(s) are good and have 12V. Make sure you have propane. That's the first step.

Then make sure your thermostat is set correctly.

If it still doesn't work check breakers and fuses. Make sure exhaust vent on outside is not obstructed.
Stangfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 01:13 PM   #6
LHaven

The furnaces I'm familiar with have four wires. Two are always-on 12V power (not switched short of the global battery disconnection switch) and the other two are blue thermostat signal leads (short them together to simulate a call for heat).

If you are testing the two non-blue leads and are showing 0V, you have a fuse or wire issue. It concerns me that you can't find a fuse marked "furnace." Sometimes one fuse is shared between multiple devices (my furnace fuse also feeds the fridge logic) but the standard Keystone label on the fuse is still "furnace."

If it were me debugging this. I'd reverify the presence of 0V, then throw a toner onto the lead that should be hot and a good frame ground, and see if tone appears anywhere in the fusebox. If it appeared everywhere in the box, then I'd take all the fuses out (in case they are crossfeeding the signal) and do the test again. That should at least help you to identify the fuse that feeds the furnace.

Tags
furnace, hideout