Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2023, 03:25 PM   #1
Manto

Outlets not running off Battery (2022 Hideout)

Hey all,
I tried searching through here for inverter issues but can seem to get it resolved.

Bought this trailer brand new about 2 weeks ago and I'm nearly positive that the outlets were working off the battery. They all have "Solarflex inverter" stickers on them, so I imagine they should be working through an inverter.

I've reset the outlet by the bed, and when the trailer's plugged in there's a solid green light on it. But nothing when it's running off Battery. Checked all (I think) of the breakers & fuses and they all seem fine. Lights, slide-out, awning, and pumps all work off battery so it seems like just the plug outlets.

The only thing I could think that's related is that we had to get the water pump replaced after it broke from running dry. Battery was briefly disconnected, but it's all hooked up now. And as mentioned earlier, all the other non-outlet electrical items works

Hoping it's just something simple that I'm missing and could use any guidance here. Thanks in advance!
Manto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 04:13 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

What solar package do you have? The 200 does not come with an inverter so those 120vac outlets will not work off batteries.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 04:17 PM   #3
RollaMo

Yep, as mentioned if you have the standard SolarFlex 200 system, an inverter is not included.

Even with that package, you will have what is called Inverter Prep (meaning it is somewhat easier to install an inverter)
You will also have those outlets labeled with the inverter sticker whether you have an actual inverter or not.

So, need to find out what Solar package you actually have first.
Old 06-16-2023, 04:27 PM   #4
Manto

Not sure of the exact Solarflex package, but in the pass-through storage I did see a panel called "inverter prep" that just has a thick wire behind it.

Thinking I may have imagined the outlets working in the past (and I had left it plugged in). If that's the case, definitely a pain that I'll be dishing out for another add-on, but at least I'm very glad that means nothing else is broken!
Old 06-16-2023, 04:31 PM   #5
Manto

I think that solves my question, thanks Sourdough and RollaMo!

Follow-up question - does it need a specific type of inverter, or should I be able to find one on Amazon?

Tags
battery, hideout, outlets