Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2023, 12:45 PM   #1
frbrown74

Winterizing bullet 261rbswe

I can't find my water pump. Sounds loke it's coming from the driver's side outside front storage. Do I haveto get to it from the storage compartment or ??

Also, where are the hot water bypass valves?

Is there a black and gray tank connections to blow out the lines,

Can anyone help me. I'm tired of paying to get it winterized,
frbrown74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 02:24 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

It should be pretty simple. Here is a link to your trailer. Look at the 17:45 mark and see if that looks like your trailer.

If so you don't need to find the pump because the convenience center has it set up for you. The top lever is to winterize and will set it up so the pump will pull water from the water inlet (I can't read the writing clearly). The bottom lever is for bypass. With it set to bypass the water heater is bypassed. Bypass the water heater, set it to winterize, connect a short piece of hose (with the make end still attached) into a bottle of pink stuff and into the water inlet. Go inside and turn on the water pump..it should begin pulling antifreeze into the trailer when you open the faucets. Begin with the faucet furthest from the pump and let it run until the pink comes out both hot and cold sides (let enough run through to fill the p traps). It might tank a moment for the pump to prime. Repeat with the other faucets as you get closer to the pump. Don't forget the shower, outside shower, toilet (just depress the pedal like you were flushing and leave enough in the toilet to cover the rubber seal) and black tank flush line. I just blow out my black tank line but you can attach a hose from the outside shower outlet, connect it to the black tank rinse inlet and turn it on. Now, let's hope that is what your trailer looks like.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 10:32 PM   #3
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Bypass the water heater, set it to winterize, connect a short piece of hose (with the make end still attached) into a bottle of pink stuff and into the water inlet. Go inside and turn on the water pump..it should begin pulling antifreeze into the trailer...
Don't forget the step where you drain the water out of the heater!
Old 11-12-2023, 07:49 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Don't forget the step where you drain the water out of the heater!

Oh yeah! I went right past that to the pink stuff.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet, winter, winterizing