Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #9
chuck&gail

We got a TomTom free because we bought 4 tires as few years ago. Nice surprise as we had not heard of promotion, but dealer had (Discount Tire, good folks). Never had one before. Used it for several years now. We both like it.

We tend to travel old back roads, we hate freeways. This meant my wife needed to keep her nose in the paper maps a lot. Now she just programs in the next town or so we want to pass thru. She loves that.

Also we need to worry less about getting lost. GPS will always find a route to somewhere we can find on a map.

Me I like that it tells me WHEN I need to start looking for the next turn, is it 1/2 mile or 20 miles. I like that.

Sometimes we do get stuck on Interstates thru crowded areas. The GPS tells me what lane to be in to turn. I REALLY like that, as finding myself in the right lane, with solid cars on lane to my left, when the exit is a left exit, is no fun at all. Thankfully many folks give RVers a break.

Does it ever screw up? Yup, it has taken us down dead end roads, but very rarely. In each case it has happened to us, road has been dirt, but we often take dirt roads. You do not need to as GPS will find alternate route automatically if you don't turn where it says.

Overall it has sure made it easier for us older folks to continue to RV.

My wife is NOT tech savy at all, and refuses to even turn a computer on. If you tried to take "her" GPS unit away, you better be faster than a speeding bullet!
2010 Ford Expedition TV
2010 Outback 230RS Toybox, 5390# UVW, 6800# Loaded
Not yet camped in Hawaii, 2 Canada Provinces, & 2 Territories
I can't be lost because I don't care where this lovely road is going
chuck&gail is offline   Reply With Quote