Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2024, 06:44 PM   #1
Bronxj15

Leak in basement from shower - cougar 27sgs 2020

I discovered a leak in the basement that is directly underneath the shower on the driver's side of the camper. I checked the pipe itself but that is not leaking. I tested a few things and found out that this leak only.occurs when the shower head is pointed at the wall. I took some sealant and applied to the open space between the wall and tub of the shower. Still this leak occurs but only when the shower head is pointed at the wall.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240204_213445.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	46163   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240204_213448.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	46164  
Bronxj15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 07:03 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

There is a vertical flange on the tub that extends up behind the shower wall. It "should not leak" up and over that flange. There are several (I see two in your photo) plastic button fasteners that hold the shower wall to the trailer studding to prevent the center of the shower wall from bulging. Sometimes, there's just enough gap under the head of those plastic buttons to allow water to leak behind the shower wall and down the stud, ending up behind the tub and then into the front passthrough or behind that in the basement....

You might be able to pull those plastic buttons, add a little sealant around the shaft so it covers the center of the button and seals it against leakage.

With the "it only leaks when the shower head is pointed at the rear wall" comment you made, I'd look further up the wall rather than at the tub/wall junction.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 03:38 AM   #3
jasin1

Id also check where the door frame attaches to the shower base…i’ve seen where they don’t seal the track and water gets around the doors where the vertical frame meets the horizontal at the base…maybe yours is leaking there and then running directly under the base…My cousins GD was doing something like that

Tags
cougar, leak