Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2017, 12:04 AM   #1
Murmaids

Issue with posting reply

Several times tonight I have typed up a reply which has taken me several minutes to type up.

But, for some reason the site signs me out. I have worked on other sites and prior to retirement, I even worked in IT for 15 years.

I don't know if there are issues tonight or if your sign out/time out is messed up as if I am typing, I should not be logged out.

Not sure I am very interested in even staying on this site if this is normal.

Mary an Ann

(A mystical creature seen on or near the water by sailors)
Murmaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 01:17 AM   #2
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmaids View Post
Several times tonight I have typed up a reply which has taken me several minutes to type up.

But, for some reason the site signs me out. I have worked on other sites and prior to retirement, I even worked in IT for 15 years.

I don't know if there are issues tonight or if your sign out/time out is messed up as if I am typing, I should not be logged out.

Not sure I am very interested in even staying on this site if this is normal.
I have has no issues with the site. All my devices stay logged in unless I choose otherwise.

Just a bit of advice, when a problem arises, ask for help, inquire about issues, and be receptive to suggestions. Works out much better on social forums like this as opposed to a personal sanction.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:52 AM   #3
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

There have been no problems that I am aware of. I'm sure you have clicked the "keep me signed in" box on the sign in screen. I'm usually surprised that I've not been logged out, as I usually use the Tapatalk app on my phone and not the forum webpage.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2017 3500HD Silverado LTZ

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:57 AM   #4
notanlines

Mary, I feel certain that your problem is from your end; either your wifi or your computer. We are presently located on an RV park out of south Florida
with their wifi. Certainly nothing fancy or high-dollar, let me assure you. On occasion I walk away from this laptop and it will stay with the Keystone Forum for many hours at a time. I have never been logged off in about three years. Look around and see what it might be on your end. And until you find the answer, look into autosave on your machine.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:58 AM   #5
TravlinOn

I have the same problem: having to re-log back in when taking a while to type in a long post. I do not stay logged in because I use different computers and want to remember passwords; so, maybe that is the problem and solution - stay logged in.

Anyway, I have learned to make a copy of my post, log back in, paste the copy into a new post, and continue. Still enjoy this Forum.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:38 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

When I first went to Windows 10 I got logged off repeatedly. In fact, I believe I posted here inquiring about it. It was not the site. Whether it was/is Windows 10 or checking the "keep me logged in" box, one or the other fixed it because I don't get logged out in the middle of a post as I used to. It does however sign me out if my computer is restarted.

I agree with busterbrown though; it's always nicer to inquire to see if you can find a solution than to condemn the other party without any evidence. Yes, I was in IT as well for many years and you are experiencing an end user problem, not site/provider problem IMO.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 06:40 AM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravlinOn View Post
I have the same problem: having to re-log back in when taking a while to type in a long post. I do not stay logged in because I use different computers and want to remember passwords; so, maybe that is the problem and solution - stay logged in.

Anyway, I have learned to make a copy of my post, log back in, paste the copy into a new post, and continue. Still enjoy this Forum.

You might just check the "keep me logged in" box. When you shut down/sign off it should disconnect you then you just log in with another device.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:28 AM   #8
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Have also experienced this, seems to be erratic. It has been noted for further revaluation

Thanks for bringing it up
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:34 AM   #9
Janet H
Site Team

There are two factors here but really just one issue: we use cookies to keep you logged in at page changes and as you interact with the site. My guess is that your login cookie is being purged by your system.

If you tick the remember me box, a login cookie is set and you will not have to login again from that device UNLESS: you are clearing your cookies when you close the browser tab. Some security schemes and Windows 10 will automatically clear all session cookies unless you specifically allow cookie exchange with the site. If you have your security settings at "high" they may be cleared as you change pages on the site and you will be logged out just browsing around.

Each browser also has similar cookie handling settings including a "do not track" option. This clears cookies when enabled although you can set up exclusions.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:54 PM   #10
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Mmmmmm, cookies.....

Welp, there you go. Thinking of which, when I get home from work, I'm going to have a cookie. Or two. And a couple of Hershey chocolate nuggets. Yep, that's how I am going to roll.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nuggets.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	12106  

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 05-28-2017, 09:10 AM   #11
ljp

Having the same problem, staying logged in and hope this change works.
ljp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:12 AM   #12
ljp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljp View Post
Having the same problem, staying logged in and hope this change works.
ABCdefghijk
ljp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:28 AM   #13
Pull Toy

Hey Chip, sounds like just what the doctor ordered! Fax me over a few? LOL

I stay logged in on my laptop running Windows 7. Never had a problem except when I ran Spybot, or Malware Bytes. These clear your cookies, unless you toggle the setting. I just re-log in and good to go again.

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 08:37 AM   #14
WJQ

I don't know if anyone reads the old post but the problem has been happening to me recently. I will be sure to check the box "Keep Me Logged In" in the future. It would be even better if the answer to "Why" was provided such as Keep me logged in so I would be logged off during posting a comment"

Some weeks ago I noticed it was staying logge d for hours/days. I didn't want to clog the system so I didn't click that box.
Heber City, UTAH
Living the Dream at 6300 Feet!
WJQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:35 PM   #15
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

You cant clog the system.hindreds can be on line at a time.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 08-19-2019, 05:17 PM   #16
Cbrez

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravlinOn View Post
I have learned to make a copy of my post, log back in, paste the copy into a new post, and continue. Still enjoy this Forum.
I get kicked out frequently and also copy my reply before trying to post. I don’t have a “keep me logged in” box when I sign in. I have a “remember me” box, which I always click. Doesn’t seem to help, but it certainly can’t hurt. I usually access the site on an older iPad 2, so I figure the problem is probably on my end since most folks don’t seem to have this problem.

Steve & Diane
2015 Montana 3402RL
2017 F350 Super Duty Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke, Super Cab, Long Box, 4WD DRW
18K PullRite Super 5th ISR
Cbrez is offline   Reply With Quote