Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2019, 04:53 AM   #1
Bamabox

Crazy mouse fix?

Don’t know if this belongs in this tech area, but it was kinda techie. So this spring when I took the cover off the 21RBS, hear the potter patter of little feet up in the ceiling. Previous fall, spent hour underneath with steel wool plugging holes........don’t seem to matter, they find a way. So I set a bunch of traps and glue boards with pb inside the cabin...........no takers. So here comes the techie part. Last year I bought a TCL Roku smart tv to replace the stocker that came in the 21RBS. The camper is parked within range of my WiFi in the house. Sitting in the camper wonder what to do next, well, let me go on youtube app on the tv and see what videos might be out there to get rid of mice in a camper. Then I decide, wait, let me search for SOUNDS MICE HATE. Boom. Several vids pop up in search, one simply looks like a frequency off an occiliscope, and lists the frequency. Also the one with the most hits on youtube. Run the vid, turn the volume up to max and the tv. All I could heard was a slight clicking sound, I guess so you know its working. Take all my traps and glue boards out of the cabin and put them underneath the camper outside. Go back in the house. This is like middle of the day. One hour later I go out...........little gray mouse on the glue board. Wow. Been over a week now, no more pitter patter. Pretty sure that sound drove it out almost immediately. Bear in mind I keep power to the camper all winter and have 2 of those plug in “frequency mice deterrents” working. Well, obviously NOT working. So that’s my story and worth a try if you have intruders. Worked for me. Now I go out to the camper every day and turn on that vid. It runs for 12 hours.

2015 Ram 3500 SLT 5.7 Hemi
Bamabox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:00 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If you start getting unexplained headaches and vision loss, think about the Cuban Embassy and the Chinese Embassy. Sound (whether you can hear it or not) can impact more than mice......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:55 AM   #3
Bamabox

Good advise. Fortunately I have been turning it on, and leave. Based on your thought, I will never stay in it while running that app. Thanks.

Old 06-07-2019, 08:33 AM   #4
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabox View Post
Good advise. Fortunately I have been turning it on, and leave. Based on your thought, I will never stay in it while running that app. Thanks.

Can you give us a link to that video? I know someone that could really use it.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:03 AM   #5
Fishsizzle

That’s pretty cool.
2020 F350 Crew DRW 6.7, 4x4, 10 sod auto, 4:10 gears
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:15 AM   #6
Bamabox

This is the one I used. There are several. Just go to youtube and search “sounds mice hate”.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:18 AM   #7
Bamabox

I think that’s good advice from JRTJH. If you use it, don’t hang around.