Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2015, 10:47 AM   #1
Chiefsou

Opinions on a Hideout 175LHS

Hi there...Dh and I are looking to buy our first TT. We recently sold our 12' Coleman pup. We love the Starcraft AR-ONE 19BH but stumbled across the Hideout 175LHS. The Hideout is a bit less expensive. The floorplans are very similar but we really don't know much about Keystone. Any info or opinions you can offer are very much appreciated. We would like to wrap this decision up before it gets way too hot here in FL to camp.

~the chief's wife
Chiefsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:22 PM   #2
theeyres

I can't speak to that model but we have a Hideout and are very pleased with it. It has given us no problems but a leak in the slide which people on this forum explained how to finally seal for good. I think entry level trailers are all pretty much the same across brands so I wouldn't be too concerned about the brand and would pick the floor plan, trim and exterior that you like and go for it.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:45 PM   #3
Bowhunter

I can't speak of the Hideout in particular, but we currently own our second Keystone. Our first was a more entry level Springdale that served us well for 10yrs. Our current is a nicer Premier. We have had good luck with ours. As far as issues, I would say the dealer makes a difference. Having a dealer that cares seems to have less issues at purchase, and one that will take care of warranty issues in a timely manner. Good luck with your decision. We love our Keystones.

2002 GMC Sierra 1500HD 6LV8
Current TT: 2014 32BHPR Premier
2003-2014: 2004 298BHL Springdale
Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:23 PM   #4
jkohler70

When you are comparing floor plans don't overlook storage. Our first TT lacked adequate storage, and that was near the top of our list of needs. You cannot have too much, and it makes it easier to "pack and go".
Old 02-08-2015, 08:31 AM   #5
Chiefsou

Opinions on a Hideout 175LHS

The 175LHS has a great, huge pass-through storage. And inside we found a few more areas of "wasted space" that could easily be turned into additional storage. We really couldn't find anything we didn't like so we put a deposit on the unit! Can't wait to bring it home.

~the chief's wife
Old 04-02-2017, 07:05 PM   #6
twoshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefsou View Post
The 175LHS has a great, huge pass-through storage. And inside we found a few more areas of "wasted space" that could easily be turned into additional storage. We really couldn't find anything we didn't like so we put a deposit on the unit! Can't wait to bring it home.

~the chief's wife
Just ran across you post on buying a new 175LHS. I didn't see a follow up after you bought it. Were you happy with it? We are now considering buying one and couldn't help but notice that your tow vehicle (the 03 suburban) is almost the same as ours. We have an 04 suburban with 5.3 liter. Are you happy with the 175 LHS? Is it pretty light to tow and does it pull nicely? Thanks for your help.
twoshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:02 PM   #7
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoshoes View Post
Just ran across you post on buying a new 175LHS. I didn't see a follow up after you bought it. Were you happy with it? We are now considering buying one and couldn't help but notice that your tow vehicle (the 03 suburban) is almost the same as ours. We have an 04 suburban with 5.3 liter. Are you happy with the 175 LHS? Is it pretty light to tow and does it pull nicely? Thanks for your help.
You resurrected a nearly 2 year old thread. I doubt that member follows anymore as their account has been inactive for nearly 19 months.

If IRC, there have been more recent threads regarding the quality of smaller Hideout models. You may want to post a new thread in the forum and wait for responses. This forum is very active. Along with that, do a search for that model and I dont doubt you'll find many opinions.

Good luck and welcome.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote