Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
turbopilot51

Time to store Alpine

Today we got back from our last trip of the season. This week I will cleanup and winterize the Alpine for a long winter's nap. I will cover the rig to protect from the winters here in the NW. Come on spring!
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
Hometown

Another sad day here also just parked our Cougar in the shed for her winter season, will try to squeeze in a couple of mods in over the winter. Thinking about spring and the trips planned for next spring summer months already.
Hometown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
turbopilot51

Finished the winterizing today and gave the Alpine a good cleaning and wash. Tomorrow I take the rv to storage(no room at home sadly) and cover her up till the first trip in spring. Due to the mother-in-law being so sick this year we had very few trips we could be gone on. This year we hope to spend much more time enjoying our portable vacation home on the great Oregon coast!
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #4
bsmith0404

Just winterized ours last week, but we are also moving in Dec and plan to stay in it while traveling cross country, just won't be using the plumbing/water. It's basically a big tent with electricity and heat now.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #5
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot51 View Post
Finished the winterizing today and gave the Alpine a good cleaning and wash. Tomorrow I take the rv to storage(no room at home sadly) and cover her up till the first trip in spring. Due to the mother-in-law being so sick this year we had very few trips we could be gone on. This year we hope to spend much more time enjoying our portable vacation home on the great Oregon coast!
That is really sad, hope your Mother-in-law is better. You do know that 90% of Oregon State parks on the coast are open year round.
We Plan on spending new years on the coast again this year. It was great down at South Beach last year.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 07:57 AM   #6
turbopilot51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
That is really sad, hope your Mother-in-law is better. You do know that 90% of Oregon State parks on the coast are open year round.
We Plan on spending new years on the coast again this year. It was great down at South Beach last year.
Sadly the Mother-in passed away at he end of August. I cannot believe how much stuff there is to do after someone passes away! The wife has good days and some not so good. Thankfully the wife's mother had her funeral wishes prearranged and paid for. Something I would recommend for everyone.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:43 AM   #7
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot51 View Post
Sadly the Mother-in passed away at he end of August. I cannot believe how much stuff there is to do after someone passes away! The wife has good days and some not so good. Thankfully the wife's mother had her funeral wishes prearranged and paid for. Something I would recommend for everyone.
Sorry to hear, of your and DW loss.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote