Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2019, 02:54 PM   #1
Hamops

Installed a Cooktop Hood Vent.

Our Avalanche 295RL did not have an external vent for the Fume hood over the cooktop. Instead, we had to use a ceiling fan to exhaust cooking odors. That had little or no effect at all. Most of the time, the fire alarm would go off.
I took apart the Fume hood over the cooktop and help of video on Youtube, I made the necessary modes to the Fume hood and cut the hole for the vent. Installed the vent cover and used aluminum duct tape to seal any gaps between the vent and the Fume hood. Completed the wiring and test operated ok. My wife is very happy camper now because she can cook without setting off the fire alarm.

Comment: I've noted this issue with a number other Keystone product owners and they agree with me, this is one item that should be standard with all trailers.
Isspro EGT & Boost Gauges, Rear View Camera System, Prodigy Controller. Custom Auxiliary Fuel System
2014 Keystone Avalanche 295RL
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:42 PM   #2
Wawhoss

Hood vent

Just made that mod to my ‘15 Laredo 5th wheel. I also used the YouTube video to map out my game plan. Wife is very happy.
Wawhoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 03:42 PM   #3
LHaven

Shows what I know. I've never personally run into anything bigger than a popup that didn't have one. I assumed they were required by code.

Tags
led, vent