Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2019, 08:31 PM   #1
Jestertac

Isolator?

Hello...
I just picked up an 06 raptor 3018 and have a few questions
1. Anyone know how the fuel station works? First toy hauler and the switch at the pump doesnt do anything. Not sure if theres no power or what which leads into the second. While tracing wires trying to figure things out there is a little silver box on the chassis with looked to be the wire from the pump. Not totally sure. Anyways it broke apart from being weathered. Nothing on it to tell me what it is. Wires going to the battery linked into it then back into the harness along the frame. Anyone tell me what that is? Sorry for the winded post and thank you.

Jerry
Jestertac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:06 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Around the year your trailer was built, there was a significant problem with the gears in the fuel pump being made of a phenolic material. It swelled when exposed to fuel and the gears would bind which caused the pump to stop working. Your problem may be related to those gears (then again maybe not). I'd first focus on the pump, make sure it's operational (or the cause of the problem) before branching out to other possibilities.

You can read a bit about the phenolic gear problem and some fixes here: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...light=phenolic

There is a link if my post #4 in that thread that go to another thread that discusses the problem with swollen phenolic gears in great detail.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:13 AM   #3
LewisB

We had an 08 Raptor that supposedly had a “safety switch” that killed the power to the pump location. The switch was supposed to be mounted in/near the batteries. Additionally, power was fed through a circuit breaker in the battery compartment upstream of that switch. As John has suggested, once you confirm the pump is not frozen, then you can start checking the power to the system.
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote