Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #11
Ken / Claudia

Keep vents and windows open always. Not just day or night. By open; cracked ; open some, or all depends how much moisture your putting into the air. Run fans, get damp rid etc.

Yellow Lab "Dacoda"
Retired Oregon State Police
Now a small town traffic cop
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:43 PM   #12
flybouy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwill View Post
We definitely had windows, doors and vents open over the course of the 3 days. But at the time we noticed the moisture, Iím pretty sure we had nothing open for a while, except for maybe the door, but I canít remember for sure.
That's twice you have referenced a door open. Are you referencing an outside entry door or the bathroom door? Even if you have the door open to the outside you still need a second opening, a window or roof vent to create an exchange of air. Does your bathroom have a vent with a fan? That should be used to remove the moisture at the biggest source, bathing/showering.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:35 PM   #13
Windwill

I dropped it off at the dealer last night to get it checked out. Weíll see what happens. Iíll update once I know the verdict.
Windwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 12:51 PM   #14
Windwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
That's twice you have referenced a door open. Are you referencing an outside entry door or the bathroom door? Even if you have the door open to the outside you still need a second opening, a window or roof vent to create an exchange of air. Does your bathroom have a vent with a fan? That should be used to remove the moisture at the biggest source, bathing/showering.
Yes, I was referring to the outside door. That's the only thing that was opened (maybe) at the time. I guess with all the on-and-off rain we were getting and the mist at the time, I kept the windows and vents closed and didn't think about the possiblity of condensation. Yes, the bathroom has a vent and a fan. I'll be sure to have it open and on from now on.
**UPDATE FROM THE DEALER** They dropped the ceiling in the bunkroom where we noticed the moisture dripping from the walls and they found no moisture in the insulation in the ceiling. So they are pretty much confirming that it was condensation. They said they had another Passport in there with the same complaint the day I brought it in. At least I'm not the only one freaking out.
So lesson learned I guess. But I'm glad I had it checked out. Thanks for all the advice and opinions!
Windwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:47 AM   #15
Dave Gamble

We had quite a bit of condensation first night out on our 2019 26RBS, primarily on the front windshield but also on the windows in the slide. Much more than Iím confident. We went out and bought a 30 pint dehumidifier and the 2nd night was much, much better. The outside temps at night were low 30ís.
Dave Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:02 PM   #16
BamaRam

If you have an outdoor kitchen next to the bunkhouse, the wall between the the room and kitchen is probably not insulated. My kitchen boarders the bath and bunkhouse. No insulation anywhere.

BamaRam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak