Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2019, 07:25 AM   #1
Banderabutch

28 KRS Outback slideout motor location

I have a 2008 KRS Outback Kargaroo and haveslide our problems and can not locate the slide out motor. The bottom is sealed. Keystone told me it is in the slide out. Don’t think so. Any help is appreciated
Banderabutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:09 PM   #2
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Look on the top of the slideout.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 10:54 AM   #3
Banderabutch

Checked on top of slideout. Not there! Any other suggestions? Thank you
Old 07-03-2019, 12:23 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

I'm not familiar with the 2008 KRS Outback Kangaroo. That said, if you could describe the slide or better yet, some photos of the slide, that may help. On some "hybrid" trailers and even on some "conventional" trailers made during those years, below the floor slides, in the wall slides, ram slides and cable slides were used. What's in your trailer may have only been used for a year or two and "faded from existence" in later models. So, without knowing what kind of slide you have, it's going to be "anybody's guess" where the motor is located, that is, unless someone else who owns a 2008 KRS Outback Kangaroo happens to respond.

Doing a forum search of the entire 29,000 members, not even one has listed their "RV Model" as a Kangaroo. So, if you could help us with some photos, maybe we could help you find that motor.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:25 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Where the slide is located can help too. We serviced a unit that the slide was cable operated and at the rear of the unit. Motor was located outside behind a panel in the storage compartment.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:43 PM   #6
mddcruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banderabutch View Post
I have a 2008 KRS Outback Kargaroo and haveslide our problems and can not locate the slide out motor. The bottom is sealed. Keystone told me it is in the slide out. Don’t think so. Any help is appreciated

I am having the same problem but with a 2007 kargoroo. My slide is stuck half out..did you figure out where the slide motor is located?? I have taken some of the enclosed plastic off the bottom but still can't see where the motor is. Any idea?
mddcruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 06:34 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddcruz View Post
I am having the same problem but with a 2007 kargoroo. My slide is stuck half out..did you figure out where the slide motor is located?? I have taken some of the enclosed plastic off the bottom but still can't see where the motor is. Any idea?
You would probably get more people responding if you started a new post. The last post on this thread is nearly a year and half old.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 06:53 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Banderabutch was last logged onto the forum 7/10/2019. He likely won't see your question to him unless he has his profile settings configured to inform him by email if there is any activity in threads he has joined.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 07:12 AM   #9
Banderabutch

Outback slideout

My slideout motor is under the dinette table in the slideout itself. There is a removable panel (with screws) beneath the carpeted area. But I actually found my problem with a circuit breaker on the front bottom outside of the camper by the batteries and propane tank. Wired straight of the battery. Hope that helps.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:38 AM   #10
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
My slideout motor is under the dinette table in the slideout itself. There is a removable panel (with screws) beneath the carpeted area. But I actually found my problem with a circuit breaker on the front bottom outside of the camper by the batteries and propane tank. Wired straight of the battery. Hope that helps.
If you bypassed a circuit breaker, I would highly recommend putting a new one in place of the faulty one. Running a “straight shot” could cause much more serious problems, circuit breakers are cheap slide motors aren’t.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:03 AM   #11
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
If you bypassed a circuit breaker, I would highly recommend putting a new one in place of the faulty one. Running a “straight shot” could cause much more serious problems, circuit breakers are cheap slide motors aren’t.
I think He was referencing where to find it, not to jump it out. On that note, if I couldn't get the slide in and I was not able to get a replacement 12v dc auto reset breaker then I would bypass iot by placing both wires on one terminal just to get the slide in if that's the problem, then replace the breaker before using it again.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:35 AM   #12
mddcruz

Quote:
Hi

Thanks for responding. I changed those breakers..30 amp and 50 amp..I have been struggling to find that motor..I have bee underneath and cut into the corrugated plastic..still couldn't seen the motor..the rack in pinion rails are at the bottom underneath the slide..so I cut into the fiber covering underneath and still haven't been able to locate the motor.

I could attach pics..

Its very frustrating..even Keystone couldn't tell me where the slide motor is located...

I have watched YouTube videos where the motors were in the rubberized gasket that the slide closes in on...so gonna check that this morning.

When I press the slide button..absolutely no noise..no click..nothing...can't hear the motor at all...so I do feel its electrical..thinking even maybe something underneath chewed by a mouse/rat.

Are there separate fuses for the slide and where would they be located?

The previous owner had accidentally plugged in 220v and it fried some of the electrical..I've changed all that...but maybe not the slide fuses..but as I can see and sent pics to an rv tech he said its not in the breaker box...

Any ideas...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201109_123728.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	31037   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201109_123754.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	31038   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201109_124022.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	286.6 KB
ID:	31039   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201105_125746.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	31040  
Old 12-06-2020, 09:36 AM   #13
mddcruz

Quote:
Hi

Thanks for responding. I changed those breakers..30 amp and 50 amp..I have been struggling to find that motor..I have bee underneath and cut into the corrugated plastic..still couldn't seen the motor..the rack in pinion rails are at the bottom underneath the slide..so I cut into the fiber covering underneath and still haven't been able to locate the motor.

I could attach pics..

Its very frustrating..even Keystone couldn't tell me where the slide motor is located...

I have watched YouTube videos where the motors were in the rubberized gasket that the slide closes in on...so gonna check that this morning.

When I press the slide button..absolutely no noise..no click..nothing...can't hear the motor at all...so I do feel its electrical..thinking even maybe something underneath chewed by a mouse/rat.

Are there separate fuses for the slide and where would they be located?

The previous owner had accidentally plugged in 220v and it fried some of the electrical..I've changed all that...but maybe not the slide fuses..but as I can see and sent pics to an rv tech he said its not in the breaker box...

Any ideas...
Sorry its messy lol...cleaning up from the old owners..
Old 12-06-2020, 09:48 AM   #14
flybouy
Site Team

Looks like the PO had a collection of BIC lighters.
That rack is inside the trailer. I had a Forest River lightweight camper like that with a slide that only extended about 18" or so. On that trailer the couch was a jackknife style and had a false front on it. Removed 2 screws and the motor was behind the panel under the couch.

From your statement about the PO connecting to 220 volts I would suggest going thru the electrical system thoroughly. Check the slide switch and see if there's 12v dc present and go from there.

Also, cut down that milkweed before retracting the slide.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:59 AM   #15
mddcruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Looks like the PO had a collection of BIC lighters.
That rack is inside the trailer. I had a Forest River lightweight camper like that with a slide that only extended about 18" or so. On that trailer the couch was a jackknife style and had a false front on it. Removed 2 screws and the motor was behind the panel under the couch.

From your statement about the PO connecting to 220 volts I would suggest going thru the electrical system thoroughly. Check the slide switch and see if there's 12v dc present and go from there.

Also, cut down that milkweed before retracting the slide.
Hi

Thanks. Yes the weeds are just where its stored..its going to be stored on cement in an enclosed area when I can get that slide in. I have opened up all the benches and there is nothing under those seats...just carpeting. One has 2 long bolts sticking up..but doesn't seem like anything.

Oh they were smokers...21 lighters found in the whole trailer lol...each one I heard smokes 2 packs a day..yikes!!

I will check again this morning. Just frustrated that even keystone can't figure it out..and seems not many kargoroo 28krs owners lol..

Maybe a bad buy on my part.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:04 AM   #16
chuckster57
Site Team

Looking at your pics, the motor is underneath the trailer, you may have to remove some underbelly to access it.

Old 12-06-2020, 10:29 AM   #17
mddcruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Looking at your pics, the motor is underneath the trailer, you may have to remove some underbelly to access it.
Thank you. I will be cutting more of the corrugated plastic away this morning and the fiber covering thats underneath that as well.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:40 AM   #18
flybouy
Site Team

I would defer to Chuck's experience. From the first picture in that group it looks like there is water staining under that slide as well.
Old 12-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #19
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Thank you. I will be cutting more of the corrugated plastic away this morning and the fiber covering thats underneath that as well.
If you can remove the screws at the edge where its attached to the frame, then you can just put the screws back in when your done.

Old 12-06-2020, 11:16 AM   #20
mddcruz

I absolutely appreciate all of you replying and offering me such great advice. I am hoping today will be a productive day and finally successful lol.

Unfortunately this trailer was not maintained well..so I am fighting with everything to get it to a decent condition..but if everything was easy it wouldn't be as much fun right..lol.

Tags
outback, slide, slideout