Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #1
cavediver

First long trip ( for us)

We spent six weeks in Florida, in our Bullet Premier 26RBPR. Found out we over packed. Had a roof leak at Collier Seminole state park, fixed that. We were there for 10 days. Went to Currie Hammock state park, for two weeks. Had a kidney stone removed in Miami. Then moved on to Big Lagoon state park for two weeks, the fourth day had a partial shoulder separation. The bicycles, dive gear and kayaks weren't of much use, for most of the trip. But the weather has been great. We did have a good time,and the weather at home has not been very good. So all in all a good trip. The last two weeks with the 15 and 13 year old grandsons, that argue and pick on each other. We have the same basic trip set for next year, without the boys. Can't wait. We did have a chance to use our Blackstone 22" cook top. My poor Weber Q-grill was used once.
cavediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:52 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Boy! You sure go a long way for medical care!

Sounds like you had fun despite all the interruptions. Hoping next year is better. How did you like traveling with the 22" Blackstone? I haven't taken mine because it seemed like it would be a lot of trouble to pack/unpack.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:25 PM   #3
cavediver

We bought the 22" with lid and stand from wallyworld, and use a 20lb tank we like it. Even the DW likes it. But she doesn't like cleaning it. That's my job, I do most of the cooking anyway. I drilled some holes in the stand for S hooks to hold utensils. I'll make a tray for the side at some point. I like it a lot.
cavediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 07:49 PM   #4
Old Mustanger

Talk about positive attitude.... roof leak, Kidney Stone and shoulder seperation and still a good trip! We could all use an attitude like yours
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote