Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Rallies and Events
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
roadglide

Republic of Texas rally 6/6/18

Motorcycle rally centered around rvs ! Has anyone experienced the ROT in Austin Texas? I have reservation for the red area.

2003 24 ft partycraft pontoon boat 125 Mercury
2 Yamaha 4 wheeler . crawler Loader 1970 JD
roadglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #2
sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglide View Post
Motorcycle rally centered around rvs ! Has anyone experienced the ROT in Austin Texas? I have reservation for the red area.
Whoa! Better grab a couple of beverages. I was just in Dallas visiting with my son and his family. He is an avid biker along with some of his friends. He was regaling us with his FIRST visit to the ROT rally (I'm sure it's the one he referred to). Drove into town, didn't know what he was doing and ended up in a parade of naked bikers - he and his wife weren't. He said they moved at tip toe speed with the parade because there wasn't any way to get out of it.

I think he's been to it several times and he and his buddies make a point of trying to go. It might not be for the faint of heart.....or the clothed, but Austin is a pretty city and knows how to "cut loose". Just make sure, as I would, that your blood pressure medication is plenty stout, quadfocal glasses are cleaned and tuned in and you have plenty of spare Koozies. Good luck and have fun!

sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:30 AM   #3
notanlines

We have been twice in years past, been in Blue Lot both times. It is becoming a large commercial rally rather than the wild rally of many years ago. You'll still have fun (I guarantee it) In the Red Lot you'll find the wild, high old times will be had at the lot itself more so than over at carnival central. As was mentioned, this is not a place for children nor the faint of heart. You can look forward to a "little of the wild side of life."
2017 Mobile Suites
20K Reese slider
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:31 AM   #4
roadglide

Thank you to the both . Where trying to attend as many bike ralles as possible, after Austin it be off to laurel Missouri hillbilly camp ground visiting lake of the Ozarks for [email protected] motorcycle riding .
Old 04-13-2018, 06:03 PM   #5
ctbruce
Site Team

Quote:
Thank you to the both . Where trying to attend as many bike ralles as possible, after Austin it be off to laurel Missouri hillbilly camp ground visiting lake of the Ozarks for [email protected] motorcycle riding .
Sounds fun. When you heading to the Lake of the Ozarks? Do you have a good campground? We've been using Scallywags recently.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 04:54 AM   #6
roadglide

Laurie Missouri hillbilly fair grounds 6/13 . The camp ground is located behind the lake and cost is 20 $ night water , electric and dump station . Send me a pm maybe will get together and ride .
Old 04-14-2018, 06:54 PM   #7
roadglide

Ctbruce What should I expect for weather conditions at Laurie Missouri in the middle of june and how big will the mosquito be ? That's something I'm visiting and your looking for property around Laurie MO. I normally don't miss any good riding but it would make it easier to have a guide .
Old 04-15-2018, 05:08 AM   #8
ctbruce
Site Team

Quote:
Ctbruce What should I expect for weather conditions at Laurie Missouri in the middle of june and how big will the mosquito be ? That's something I'm visiting and your looking for property around Laurie MO. I normally don't miss any good riding but it would make it easier to have a guide .
June's a great month. Spring rains will be gone, temps in mid to upper 80s. In general one of the best months. Skeeters wont be any worse this year than normal. Get some Off and spray your cuffs. MO skeeters are tricky but slow. I usually drive faster, as they are slow and can be outran! LOL!
Of bigger concern will be ticks. They are everywhere and pesky. Be sure to check yourself and pets often. Once again, deet is your friend.
The lake will be warm enough to swim in if so inclined. A long drive from where you'll be, but the cove at HaHaTonka state park is all spring fed and refreshing cool. A family favorite. Bridal cave is right around the corner and worth the stop. For liquid imbibments, you can't beat Big Dick's Half-Way Inn. Be sure to swallow a goldfish. If you wait until later in the year they get too big to swallow. Captain Ron's is also a great venue with good food and live bands.
It'll be hard to have a bad time. Hope this helps.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote