Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2019, 03:40 PM   #1
Ammcgill

Outside kitchen door not covered under warenty

We have a 2018 sprinter fks we bought last November. The outside kitchen door is warped and has issues closing. We took it back to where we bought it and they have sent multiple pictures and emails to keystone trying to get it covered. Keystone is declining saying that it is not a manufacturing problem and that we have almost had it a year so it is not covered. I'm sorry but if it is not a year its not a year! Anyone else have this issue?
Ammcgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:14 PM   #2
Mikendebbie

Bad dealer

It sounds like your dealer is the problem. I think I found the right door on trekwood.com and it is $469. His cost will be less. I would push the dealer to order the door and let you take the door home and install it. Baggage doors are not hard to install (speaking from personal experience). I think the doors come without hardware but you can swap the hardware. That way the dealer is not out on any labor costs and you won’t have to leave your camper there for 8 weeks or whatever. That’s what I would do.
In the sticks near Austin TX
Aussie Gus+Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:28 PM   #3
Ammcgill

Thanks we will look into that. I will be calling customer
service tommorow. I have copies of the multiple emails band pictures that the dealer sent them.
Ammcgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 05:15 PM   #4
Customer1

I read my warranty, some things are only covered for 90 days and others are covered longer.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:00 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

A warped door should be covered for a year. I think your dealer isn’t trying very hard.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:02 PM   #6
Tbos

I had a baggage door replaced at the 10 month mark because it wouldn’t hit both magnets to hold it open. Keystone paid for it. Your dealer needs to explain the steps they have taken to resolve the issue and tell Keystone they need to authorize a new door.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 06:22 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

I'd blame the dealer for not communicating the CORRECT problem to Keystone...

If you read the Keystone warranty, door adjustments are only covered during the first 90 days and door adjustments are no longer covered....

Assuming (I know, I know) that the dealer is reporting to Keystone that the door won't close properly, then their warranty approval office will probably disapprove the repair since the trailer is older than 90 days....

THAT'S NOT THE DOOR PROBLEM !!!

The dealer needs to report that the door is warped and will not seal which is resulting in rain intrusion and will lead to further water damage.

Depending on how the dealer documents the problem, Keystone will interpret the appropriate action.

I've seen dealerships that report accurately and I've seen dealerships that send in a 3 word problem.... Guess which one gets approval ????

Here's an example:

The dealer sends this to Keystone: "The customer reports the roof leaks." Do you think Keystone will approve a new roof?

Now: The TPO membrane is cut too short and the front seam will not remain under the transverse aluminum molding. The adhesive has detached from the TPO membrane and there is significant water intrusion under the TPO membrane. This has all occurred recently as evidenced by the fresh OSB color. The owner reports that he noticed the leak in the front bedroom last Saturday and delivered the trailer to our service department on Monday morning. There is clear evidence that the roof has been resealed as there is what appears to be new sealant applied over the older sealant in several locations on the roof. When questioned, the owner produced a receipt for two tubes of sealant with a date of 60 days from delivery of the trailer. There is no reason to suspect the owner has failed to maintain the roof properly.

OK: Which one do you think is going to get approved?

See the difference? I'd suspect your dealer has half-heartedly reported your door problem and Keystone is denying it based on what they have in front of them.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:51 AM   #8
MarkEHansen

I don't know the type of door involved here, but the cargo door on my trailer was warped and wouldn't close well - I just gently bent it back into shape. It's been fine since. My door is a simple aluminum frame with fairly flexible material making up the door part.

Tags
cover