Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2019, 05:19 PM   #1
CWtheMan

About nick-names.

Back when I joined this forum I was deeply involved in on-line cribbage games. I’ve played that game all my life and was very highly ranked in the on-line parlors. They keep a record of each player and have a computer generated ranking system. When your win record averages 55% or above, it becomes very hard to get games with players having a high ranking. When you play games with lower ranked players, points are given using a “curve” system. For instance, say my ranking was 20 and I play someone with a 12. I would get 2-3 points for a win. If I lost I would be charged 14-15 points. Because I stand a 45% chance of losing to lower ranked players it’s not beneficial to play them at all. My nick was CWRfromME. When my ranking peaked at 57% they started calling me “the man”. So I changed my nick to CWtheMan. It was the name I was using when I joined this forum.

I hardly ever play anymore. I have two uncles and an aunt with very similar win percentages as mine. We always play when visiting each other. Linda owes me - on paper - about a Million Bucks and won’t play me at all anymore.

It's sort of like Vegas games. Just like the house, in the end I know I'm going to win. The longer someone with a 50/50 win average plays me, my win ratio will be better than theirs and I'll win. Just ask Linda, LOL! She knows. How do I do it? It's not a secret, I NEVER, NEVER gamble. It's hard for most to not do that. I know the odds for everything in the game. I will just not go against them. It's sort of like hitting 15 when the dealer has a face up. You bust the 15 and the dealer turns a 6 and busts. The dealer already has your money.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:00 PM   #2
SummitPond

CW

Are you originally from Maine (CWRfromME). If so, what part?

Our nickname is from the former name of a small body of water near my DW's familial stomping ground in York County. My in-laws played cribbage for blood, in fact, they played all card games for blood!

Ken

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:12 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Nothing remarkable for mine. For 6 years of my former career my partner and I had the same first name. We were dubbed “Chuckster and Chuckster incorporated”. Born in 1957, hence chuckster57.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 07:35 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Weird for me. Back when I was trying to come up with a name for some application I can't remember - back when this "username/password" was pretty new. I tried literally everything I could think of for a name - NOTHING I could think of would work...."already in use"....I'm thinking WHAT?? "Willardthe3rd" is in use or...- and on and on??? I'm not, nor do I want to be, creative in "silly stuff" but this is where I was. Went off, started thinking about what I was planning....breakfast....bacon, eggs, biscuits....SOURDOUGH biscuits. That's it!! Who could possibly use that or be that creative!! I had it!! Went back and entered it..."IN USE"???? WHAT!!! I'm thinking this internet username/password crap is for the birds. Went with the biscuit name, plugged in some numbers - and....THEY WORKED!! Now, it's on my spreadsheet of 167 username/password combos - and, I have to explain "sourdough" about 100 times a year. But, there you have it...."the rest of the story".
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:09 PM   #5
ADQ K9

Ha ha Danny, Sourdough is also the name given to an Alaskan that has been in the country a long time
As for me the DW says I am a Dog lovingly and I was raised the first part if my life in Kodiak, AK. ADQ is the 3 letter airport identifier. Hence Kodiak Dog
Connected by a Curt 15K WDH W/Sway Control
ADQ K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:46 AM   #6
Pull Toy

Back in 1987 I bought my first brand new DRW truck. It was a fully "tricked out" Chevy that had been customized by a conversion van company called Kodiak. It was a crew cab with all of the bells and whistles that were available at the time up to and including 3 tone custom paint, air horns, captain's chairs, road kill grille... etc. There's a picture of it in my album if anyone's interested. I bought it for a really deep discount after it sat on the lot for a while with no nibbles. The original asking price was ridiculous due to the aftermarket custom work. I actually got it cheaper than if I had ordered a factory unit.

Anyhow, I digress. I was on my maiden voyage pulling thru Ney York state, when someone on the CB (remember them?) calls "Hey ""Pull Toy"" where you headed?" I didn't realize he was hailing me until he described the custom blue Chevy. That's been my handle ever since. I didn't pick the name, it was given to me.

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:39 AM   #7
spade117

Back when the internet was started and email was becoming a thing, I was online creating an account. Spade was always a nickname/tagname from childhood, and the 117 was just the first available number when the email account was being created.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:20 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Back when AOL was "almost the only internet provider" we signed up for an account. It was our first computer with a phone modem and internet capability. It was "before HP and Compaq, and was a VENDEX model with a STAR dot matrix printer (pull tab paper sheets). We needed a "family friendly user name" so I used my initials, my DW's initials and our last name initial. JR + TJ + H became JRTJH. We still use it and it's become an identifier for much of what we do from personalized license plates (just add 1 or 2 or 3, etc)

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:17 AM   #9
66joej

66joej

Back when I was restoring old Mustangs (80s,90s,20s) started buying and selling parts on eBay. Had to get a user name so decided on 66joej because I had become an "acknowledged expert?" on the 65-68 cars. joej my first name is Joe and last name starts with J.

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:23 AM   #10
hankpage
Site Team

We'll see if this makes sense if I write it down.

My Dad's name was Henry, mine is Henry J. and my son's name is Henry J. Jr.
Somewhere along the way folks started calling me Hank and it stuck. We called our son JR and then just shortened it to J. When he went to school they wanted the kids to use the name they were called at home but would not allow single letter so he became Jay. (Whew! all that for just the first half.)

When I was in High school I had to do a paper on some subject I can't even remember, but we were told to put our last names in the upper right hand corner of the cover page. Back then teachers were not required to be PC so when she held up my paper and asked who the idiot was that put Page1 where their name should be, I raised my hand. (Those of us old enough to remember those antique writing machines will know that the number one and the lower case L were the same. Page1 stuck with me all through school and into the computer age as a username. Until of course it wound up already taken and Page2, 3, and 4 made no sense.

Soooo, this is where hankpage or hankpage1 came from except for one site where both were already used so I went with "youhavegottobekiddingme". I mean, how many other idiots can there be out there???? With the exception of that teacher of course.
Too much coffee this morning, I think, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:24 AM   #11
notanlines

If i told then it would remove the little bit of mystique surrounding the name. (I don’t use it in the emails to my mom. She’s 89)
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:46 AM   #12
CWtheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitPond View Post
CW

Are you originally from Maine (CWRfromME). If so, what part?

Our nickname is from the former name of a small body of water near my DW's familial stomping ground in York County. My in-laws played cribbage for blood, in fact, they played all card games for blood! So do my aunts & uncles.

Ken

I'm from North Berwick. When in the area we usually park in Berwick or Alfred.
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:49 AM   #13
CrazyCain

Crazy Cain: my old CB handle back in the mid-70's.. Plus my customized 1974 Ford E100 van was named that also..Even had Lady Gidiva painted on the side of it...

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:00 AM   #14
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCain View Post
Crazy Cain: my old CB handle back in the mid-70's.. Plus my customized 1974 Ford E100 van was named that also..Even had Lady Gidiva painted on the side of it...
Now that does bring back memories. Had a 70 Ford shorty van (flat front) with shag carpeting. Also a CB. Handle was "torquewrench". Hey buddy got your ears up!

2018 Ram 3500 6.4 Harvest Edition
2018 Cougar 27RESWE
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:01 AM   #15
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCain View Post
Viewed from which side of the horse?????
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:10 AM   #16
CrazyCain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
Viewed from which side of the horse?????
She was riding side saddle and hum, ........yeah...........

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:41 AM   #17
UsTwo

Talking with others at a class reunion, An old friend was telling all about how they really like to camp..the wife says "Us Too" Its just the two of us so UsTwo was born. Only use this for camping sites..

Craig
Kathie
2013 Keystone Cougar
X-Lite 31 RKS
UsTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:10 AM   #18
KCSA75

KCSA75 was my salesman number at a former job. Not very exciting, but I don't normally have any problem using it on websites that require usernames and passwords.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." — Ferris Bueller
KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:08 PM   #19
CampNBrew2

I usually use H20ENG back from my stationary engineer days at water plants and aquariums. This site wouldnt take it for some reason so decided to use CampNBrew. Nowdays camping and homebrewing (and dirtbikes) are my go to hobbies. That got mucked up too so finally ended up with CampNBrew2.
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:19 PM   #20
WNY Bullet

WNY Bullet: Not too creative here, I live in Western New York and own a Bullet Premier.
2017 Chevy Silverado LT Z71

WNY Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote