Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2019, 04:53 AM   #1
SummitPond

Facebook?

I was doing a search on the site and noticed that Facebook was being contacted. See the lower left corner of the screenshot. I'm curious - what's that about?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB in corner.png
Views:	174
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	23683  

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:39 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Hmmmmm

The forum has a policy against using Facebook links (or links to any commercial site that requires a viewer to join or have a membership to view the link. We've regularly deleted Facebook links in posts in the past, so I can't explain why the forum "search engine" is accessing facebook. I'd speculate, but can't confirm, that the search engine is a part of the vBulletin software that is the backbone program for the forum and all forums using that software program have the same "search engine"....

I'll ask the "team expert" if there's any link and if so, can it be restricted? I'm not really sold on Facebook, so interfacing that service, even if it's to search their pages isn't something I think was intended, but I'll ask for clarification.

More to come......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 01:56 PM   #3
Janet H
Site Team

If you watch that lower left corner you can see all sorts of things load - mostly ads. Facebook is sometimes included in that list. Members private info is not available to facebook or any other entity and we don't share, sell or loan out that info.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:21 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Good to know. Thanks for the clarification...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:34 PM   #5
SummitPond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
If you watch that lower left corner you can see all sorts of things load - mostly ads. Facebook is sometimes included in that list. Members private info is not available to facebook or any other entity and we don't share, sell or loan out that info.
I do see lots of stuff fly by, but that FB linkage seemed to hang around forever (long enough for me to notice and take a screen shot). I'm one of those technological troglodytes; the trailer forum is the extent of the social media platforms that I participate in.

Thanks for the feedback.

Now: 2019 Winnebago 2500FL w/e2 WDH;Sold: 2015 Bullet Premier 19FBPR (shown)
2012 Ford F-250 Lariat Super Duty Crew Cab (gas 6.2 L, 3.73 gear ratio 2WD, 172" WB)
SummitPond is offline   Reply With Quote