Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
Dave W

@#$% Window

I try not to blame Keystone for shoddy workmanship ----- but sometimes I just have to vent. Much of what is on an RV is 3rd party, bolt in place. Windows may or may not be. We pulled into a CG a couple hours ago and the guy that led us to our site remarked that we had a window hanging loose. It happened to be an escape window. It had separated from the so called hinge. Now, that 'hinge', and it really isn't a hinge as we would expect but a couple pieces of extruded aluminum. a couple of pop rivets that act as pivot points and some glue on a piece of plastic, that in this case seemed to be only applied in two places, one at each end. My repair - some J-B Weld, a couple clamps to hold it in place while it dries then back it goes. It will have some good quality duct tape until the final cure in a day or two.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote