Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-15-2018, 01:12 PM   #1
lesleyinky
Member
 
lesleyinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 76
Spare Tire Cover

DH says our spare tire cover on our Cougar needs to be replaced. Iím sure they can be bought everywhere from CW to Amazon, but thought I would check here first to see where some of you may have bought quality replacements?
__________________

lesleyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 03:52 PM   #2
MerlinB
Member
 
MerlinB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Newport News, VA
Posts: 81
Try this one:

https://www.custom-tire-covers.net/

I have been very satisfied with their products.
__________________

__________________
Merlin B.
U.S. Army Aviator, Retired
2016 Cougar XLite 28SGS
2007.5 Ram 3500 DRW, B & W Companion
MerlinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:49 AM   #3
linux3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Western NY
Posts: 140
I just bought at my local RV store.
Maybe Amazon would be cheaper but I wanted to see and touch for quality.
__________________
#####################
Rob
Passport 195RB
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 LT
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:22 AM   #4
flybouy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Joppa, MD
Posts: 406
We replaced ours on a cross country trip last spring. We stopped in CW in Bowling Green, KY and noticed the cover missing. Picked up a Diamond Plate Silver cover (the only kind they had in stock) at it works for price. It seems to be made better/heavier material than the Keystone one that came with the trailer (surprise, surprise!). The site MerlinB quoted has some nice looking covers and you can find several custom designed site if you ask Mr Google but be prepared to dig deeper into your pockets for them.
__________________
2012 Laredo 303 TG
2010 F250 LT SCAB long bed 4X4 6.4 Turbo Deisel
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:55 PM   #5
sourdough
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: W. Texas
Posts: 4,434
When our Keystone cover blew off the first year due to cheap construction I replaced it with one from 4wheel Parts made by BestTop. Good quality, elastic is still good after 3-4 years, looks like new and still fits tight as a drum. It is plain though.....black.
__________________
Danny & Susan wife of 50 years
2014 Ram 2500 6.4 4x4 CC
2014 Cougar High Country 319RLS
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:08 PM   #6
lesleyinky
Member
 
lesleyinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
We replaced ours on a cross country trip last spring. We stopped in CW in Bowling Green, KY and noticed the cover missing. Picked up a Diamond Plate Silver cover (the only kind they had in stock) at it works for price. It seems to be made better/heavier material than the Keystone one that came with the trailer (surprise, surprise!). The site MerlinB quoted has some nice looking covers and you can find several custom designed site if you ask Mr Google but be prepared to dig deeper into your pockets for them.


Well that would definitely be convenient considering we leave about 20 min from Bowling Green. Ha!! I️ try to stay out of there as much as possible so I donít get too many new ideas ; ) Thank you for the input!
lesleyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:09 PM   #7
lesleyinky
Member
 
lesleyinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
When our Keystone cover blew off the first year due to cheap construction I replaced it with one from 4wheel Parts made by BestTop. Good quality, elastic is still good after 3-4 years, looks like new and still fits tight as a drum. It is plain though.....black.


Good deal - thank you for the suggestion!
lesleyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:43 AM   #8
byrdr1
Senior Member
 
byrdr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleyinky View Post
Good deal - thank you for the suggestion!
Christmas present from the oldest and her family.
Not sure where they got it..Click image for larger version

Name:	0310181154_HDR.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	16068
__________________

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2003 Ford 7.3PSD 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:45 AM   #9
RoscoeV
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Parker CO
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdr1 View Post
Christmas present from the oldest and her family.
Not sure where they got it..Attachment 16068
Very Nice!
__________________
USMC Vietnam Veteran
2018 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Cummins Diesel
2017 Cougar 26SABWE
RoscoeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #10
flybouy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Joppa, MD
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesleyinky View Post
Well that would definitely be convenient considering we leave about 20 min from Bowling Green. Ha!! I️ try to stay out of there as much as possible so I donít get too many new ideas ; ) Thank you for the input!
We stayed in the area a few days to explore some of the caves. It seems like a very nice area.
I thought about a custom cover, one that says " Yes, as a matter of fact the driver is a retired old fart who's driving slow". The letters would have be kinda small to fit but then again anyone behind me has sufficient time to read the "fine print".
__________________

__________________
2012 Laredo 303 TG
2010 F250 LT SCAB long bed 4X4 6.4 Turbo Deisel
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cover

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This forum is owned and operated by Social Knowledge, LLC. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company and is not affiliated with the Keystone RV Company or its related companies in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.