Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
stlucia

Plug In Question

So, I've had a few campers (travel trailer, class c), but this time my wife and I decided to purchase a fifth wheel and we went with the 3750fl floor plan. In the past whenever we were approaching a camping trip, I would plug the camper into a 110, using adapters, to cool down the refrigerator. Now my question, this approach doesn't work on the 3750fl, or at least not mine. The refregerator shows "no AC". What the heck? I cant even charge my battery from a 110.

I'm sure one of you smart folks can help?
stlucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:04 AM   #2
Bushman512000

must be a plug to plug in

all tailers built to-day have a charge system built in and a converter also is the elect panel breakers on?Are any switches for the fridge on AC or auto but gas off I let the wife do ours and She has not had any problems with any trailers We have had over the years. I do have a 30 amp service at home for the unit You do not tell any one much Information so We have to wonder What kind of unit You have more information for more help ok Bushman
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:10 AM   #3
SAABDOCTOR

HI something is not right. check your breakers and if all are good. then do you have 110 at the out lets and does the cieling fan in the kitchen work if now then check your power cord and are you sure you did not pop a breaker at your house.if all of that is good do you know some or are you good with electricity? you can pm me with more info after some checking and i will be glad to help. what year is yours?
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
mhs4771

I assume you have a 50 amp hookup. In that system it uses two hot leads so you have to have the proper adapters to supply power to both legs (L1 & L2), if not you will only have AC power in half your unit. Take a small lamp and try it in all the outlets and see if some have power and others don't, which would indicate power on only one leg. If you have to power anywhere, I would check the outlet you're plugged into and the ckt breakers in the unit power panel, maybe the mains have been shut off by accident. Just some simple things to check.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
stlucia

Thanks for all the reply's. I'm now going to work through each of them.

Bushman-when I set the fridge to power from AC, I get "no ac" on my fridge led panel.
My unit has a 50amp but, i'm using adapters to plug into the 110 out of my shop.

SAABDOCTOR-I can run the ceiling fan for as long as my battery will hold up. That's what is crazy, even pugged in, I cant charge my battery.

mhs4771-Yes, I do have a 50 amp hookup. I will try the lamp trick. So, where can I find the proper adpaters? I purchased mine from wally world.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
SAABDOCTOR

YOUR BIG FAN IN THE CIELING IS 110V ONLY THE ADAPTORS CAN BE HAD AT ANY RV PARTS STORE OR WALLMART. WHEN AT HOME I AM PLUGGED IN TO A 15 AMP PLUG AND EVERYTHING WILL WORK JUST NOT ALL AT ONCE. SO PLUG A DRILL INTO YOUR GARAGE OUT LET DOES IT WORK? IF YES THEN USE THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL POST ABOUT THE SHORE POWER CORD NOT BEING ASSEMBLED WELL UN PLUG IT ANDTAKE APART THE PLUGS AND LOOK FOR BROKEN WIRES. IF GOOD WE GOT A PROBLEM AND WILL NEED TO GET TO THE BREAKER PANNEL TO SEEE IF YOU ARE GETTING POWER TO THE PANNEL. THE OTHER THING IS IS THE FRIDGE ACTUALLY HOOKED UP TO A 110 POWER SOURCE? MAYBE SOMEONE WENT ON BREAK AND FORGOT1 WOULD BE THE FIRST TIME THE WAY I WAS TUGHT WAS CHECK THE BEGING SOURCE OF POWER THEN THE LAST CONNECTION. THEN MOVE TO THE MIDDLE. IF THAT IS GOOD HEAD TO THE THE LAST CONNECTION. IF THE MIDDLE IS NO GOOD HEAD TOWARD THE SOURCE FOR THE PROBLEM
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

If you open the outside access cover for the fridge you will see a 110v outlet that it should be plugged into .... if it is plugged in, test this outlet. Does the fridge work on gas????? Since your converter is not charging your battery ..... As mentioned before I suspect a problem in the shore powercord, your adapter or the breaker panel. Most likely the adapter if everything works when plugged into 50 amp. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
Murray0512

I have 50 amp d adapted down to standard wall plug it will cool down the refrig just can't run much else but then there is no need when it's in my drive
Murray0512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
hankaye

stlucia, Howdy;

Have you pluged your RV into your truck
to see it the rfidg. will work on propane and
12 vdc.?????

There is a control box inside the outdoor access,
inside of which there are 2 fuses. The 3 amp controls
12 vdc and controls the WHOLE thing. the 10 amp controls
the 110vac side of things. But ya have to have 12vdc to
operate anything.
So hook up the tow vehicle and keep the engine running
while you open the fridge door to see if the light (12 vdc),
works. If so then your problem is 110vac...

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
stlucia

I just wanted to come back and offer my thanks to each and everyone that replyed. Because you took time out of your day, I now uncerstand my coach even more.

Now to the problem, or the solution. I had a bad fuse in my control box. Who would have thunk-it? A new rig with a bad fuse. Oh well!

Hey, thanks again. I hope that I won't need anymore expert advice but, if I do, I know where to come.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #11
Festus2
Site Team

A new rig doesn't mean you won't have problems. Hopefully, any ones that you do have will all be small but don't be discouraged should more issues arise. Become familiar with your RV and how things work - inside and out.
If you run into something that you can't solve yourself, just ask. As you said, "I know where to come".
Old 09-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #12
Murray0512

If you are having problems with the 12 volt side check your battery disconnect . If it not turned in the right position you will not get DC power to your unit.
Murray0512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:46 AM   #13
Bushman512000

thanks for the reply

It is nice to think that some one gets help and has the time to get back and say the little word Thanks I for one say You are most welcome We are all trying to help where needed for the most part some time We may need the Help lol and have a great day ...The Bushman said that
Bushman512000 is offline   Reply With Quote