Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2012, 05:03 PM   #1
Trigger12

Sour smell

Walked in after work today and smelled sour wet smell. Searched around and finally found wet carpet under couch in slide out. Idk how it got wet. Sprayed down outside with water and never found a leak inside. We have recently gotten quite a bit of rain but idk where it entered. This is just icing on the cake for this trailer. I will never buy a keystone product again
4" MBRP
Reese 16k Kwik Slide
Trigger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #2
Roberson4

Trigger12,

Mark Fleetwood off your list too.

I really feel people's pain when they buy a new RV and have nothing but trouble with it. Especially water intrusion!! I know exactly how they feel. We bought a new (our first new one) Terry by Fleetwood and had nothing but problem after problem with it. It spent most of the one year we had it, either in the shop or back to the factory to fix problems. I decided we would not be able to afford to keep fixing it after the warranty ran out.

We now have our 2nd new Keystone and have really liked them both. We have not had any, or only very minor problems with either of them. Neither has had any need to return to the dealer or factory for any service.

I figure our exact story can be told by many only change the brand/factory to any number of them.

Hate that you are having such a time with your new rv. It's ashame as much money as we spend on these rv's that it seems to boil down to getting lucky no matter which factory brand we choose to go with.

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2001 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
B&W Companion Fifth Wheel Hitch
Had
2008 Hornet Retreat 38BHDS (Good camper)
2006 Terry 320DBHS (POS)
Roberson4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
PC70

Had the same problem with my Passport. Found that the plumbing was torqued at the factory and sheared at the p trap. Warrenty fix.
PC70 is offline   Reply With Quote