Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
pol1122

Question Additional awning to curbside slide out.

Has anyone ever installed a additional awning to the curbside slideout? I was thinking of putting additional awning on since mine primary awnings only a small 10-11ft long . I have a 2012 331MKS similar to 327RES. This question is not asking about adding awning Topper to the top of the slide if you where wondering. Has anyone seen this done before or am I just silly of even the thought of do this?
pol1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:24 AM   #2
byrdr1

I have thought about it. I was near a camper store yesterday(anode rod) and I saw a Landmark with that on the curbside slide. BY the way this was a pretty camper and it all painted up & colored up. Did not stop to look but saw the awning and thought I have got to look into that. It would make it a lot easier than hauling a 10x12 ezup all the time so I can have an extra awning. Those 12 footers are nothing after having a 26 footer on the TT. So if you find anything out let us know.
Thanks
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:14 AM   #3
gilnutz

I'm confused by the term "cubrside" but imaging installing a awning on the outside of a slide right? I would think the slide frame would be plenty strong for an awning as long as it was attached correctly. After looking at your pictures it's too bad they didn't put a longer awning on your trailer to cover to the outside light towards the front of the trailer. Let us know if you get it installed.
gilnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilnutz View Post
I'm confused by the term "cubrside" ....
If you were to park the trailer on a street, the curbside (at least in North America) would be the side of the trailer closest to the curb or edge of the roadway. Streetside would be the opposite side of the trailer facing the street.

Streetside and curbside are very common terms throughout the automotive and RV industry because they are far more accurate than left and right when describing things.

Streetside generally equals driver's side and curbside generally equals passenger side in North America.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Branky

Our good camping friends and plain good friends have a '09 Sunset with opposing slides. The factory 12 or 14 foot electric awning covers the curbside slide and barely covers the door. it works well but there is not much room under the awning with the slide out.
If you can find anchor pitns you should be ok.
<<<Brent>>>
Victoria, BC, Canada
Proudly Rving since 1978
Branky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #6
mhs4771

There are units that offer a second awning on that curb side slide. I've have seen both MH and 5ers in the park that we're at with that second awning, and we even have a new unit on order with dual awning. Looking forward to the additional space, so we can put the picnic table under the slide awning and not worry about running into it every time we come out the door.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #7
mikell

Our 99 Terry had the awning cover the slide and door oh how i miss the coverage. Thought it was stupid at the time but the entry door was dry in the rain
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote