Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
brunomisty

Smile Couger 299 RKS High Country

We did it. Pick are new 299 RKS HC up March 30 .Just in time for the camping season to start. Any thing special to look for doing the PDI??

Thanks
Wayne
brunomisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

You can download and print a PDI Checklist from our forum. Go to the Keystone Questions section and find the sticky "Pre Delivery Inspection Checklist". There is a comprehensive list of things you should check for contained in the PDI.
When doing your walk through, take plenty of time, check EVERYTHING out, make sure EVERYTHING works and you know how to make it work. Find out how all the remotes work(if it comes with any remotes) and where all of the shut off valves, drain valves, etc., are located. Be thorough and be patient.
Good luck with the PDI.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
Wayne

Congrats! We purchased a 299RKS last fall & love it. The only issue we found during the PDI was a defective valve on the commode. It would not hold water & it was not a defective seal. As previously suggested find & print a PDI list, & follow it. Do not let the dealer rush you, ask questions & take notes (I have been grateful to my wife's note taking on many occasions). Even patient employees tend to rush through the last few items during the PDI. It takes a while to properly cover everything so you will also be eager to get it completed. Don't give in to the urge. The extra time spent then will save much time later. This is our first 5er and even though we had owned various other RV's, some things are different on a 5er. We were fortunate that the dealer had a campground for us to stay in to do a 2 day test run.
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
Husky slide
2012 Cougar HC 299RKS

Remember, "No matter where you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
Badboy

cougar 31RKS X-lite

We pick our Cougar 31RKS up on the 31 st of March can't wait,so exited.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
Congrats! We purchased a 299RKS last fall & love it. The only issue we found during the PDI was a defective valve on the commode. It would not hold water & it was not a defective seal. As previously suggested find & print a PDI list, & follow it. Do not let the dealer rush you, ask questions & take notes (I have been grateful to my wife's note taking on many occasions). Even patient employees tend to rush through the last few items during the PDI. It takes a while to properly cover everything so you will also be eager to get it completed. Don't give in to the urge. The extra time spent then will save much time later. This is our first 5er and even though we had owned various other RV's, some things are different on a 5er. We were fortunate that the dealer had a campground for us to stay in to do a 2 day test run.
Thats funny, our toilet did the same
also check how the bathroom door closes from the hallway, mine was tight as heck moved the door down myself, works fine now, also check the highcountry sign above the dinning area, bet is crooked. really they glued it that way and said that's good MMMM also hook up a hose at the black water tank flush, bet that leak's like a sive, replaced mine with a brass valve from the stealer. He said they all do it. plastic junk
other that a few things its great, oh one more thing, DO NOT run the landing gear up to high, give it room and mark your stop point, shears bolts easy
good luck
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #6
brunomisty

We got it . Spent 5 hour at the dealership everything went well. This is are 5 camper so we knew what to look for and ask about the new things it has. One thing we did note is the the hot water is hot We like it but not use to it.
Can`t wait to do the shake down trip in 3 weeks.

Happy Camper
Wayne
brunomisty is offline   Reply With Quote