Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
turbopilot51

Dryer vent

The dw says we have to have at least a dryer in our new Alpine. I put my foot down and said, "yes dear". The question I have now is how and where would the dryer vent go? The rig is plumb for a washer/dryer but no vent. Anyone added the dryer vent to their rig?
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
bearandjake

Smile dryer vent

hello there,
you need to puchase an all-in-one machine,and the dryer vent shouldn't be
any farther away than 5 ft for max airflow.hope this helps you.

Bear
bearandjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:45 AM   #3
DocData757

I'm doing the same at the end of the month. There is a sign glued to the side wall in the closet where the washer/dryer goes that says to put the vent through that wall. I'm going with a Splendide XC2100 (vented).
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
DT61NF

Dryer vent location

I installed a Splendide XC2100 in our Alpine 3500RE. Measure and then measure again. Use the bedroom window as a point of reference. My vent is level with the outlet on the Splendide. Purchased a kit from Splendide that turns the exhaust 90 degrees so that the flex tube is in a straight line to the vent. After you have determined the location start with a small drill bit, then use a 4" hole saw. A small hole will be much easier to patch if you make a location error. Good luck.
DT61NF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #5
turbopilot51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocData757 View Post
I'm doing the same at the end of the month. There is a sign glued to the side wall in the closet where the washer/dryer goes that says to put the vent through that wall. I'm going with a Splendide XC2100 (vented).
When I purchased my Alpine 3500RE the dealer's personal opinion was the combo units do not work as well as the stackable ones. Most places we camp at have at least washers there and the dryers are always the bottleneck. The dw says we can bring the clothes back to the rig and dry them there. In the future we could buy the washer when we are more full time. I would like to know how well both types work and would people buy them again.
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
mhs4771

We have the Combo unit. Works fine as long as you keep the loads small. We do a load every other day, 2 pairs shorts, 4 tee shirts, and underware. And remove as soon as done, either washing (if hanging outside) or after drying. If you leave them, you'll have wringles. Love ours. We had it installed at a Service Center because the thing weighs 150 Lbs and we wouldn't have been able to get it into it's spot.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
turbopilot51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocData757 View Post
Just had this Splendide 2100XC installed this past week. Check out the pics in my album. The dw is extremely happy.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
allentx1

We are looking at the Splendides for our 5'er. I am concerned that the unit will fit into the front door but how the heck it will fit into the stair case to the bedroom is another question. I am guessing if the Avalanche was prepped for single unit w/d then they would have had to measure all the way to the final resting place... right?

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2010 Ford F-250 6.4l Power Stroke 2wd
Pullrite auto-slider hitch
Austin Texas area
allentx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
turbopilot51

Quote:
Originally Posted by allentx1 View Post
We are looking at the Splendides for our 5'er. I am concerned that the unit will fit into the front door but how the heck it will fit into the stair case to the bedroom is another question. I am guessing if the Avalanche was prepped for single unit w/d then they would have had to measure all the way to the final resting place... right?
I measured my hallway and bedroom door and it was very tight! The doorway into the bedroom was the main problem area. The dw said CW would install and not me . Something about scratching her rv. The dealer had a special of $223.00 for the total install including the vent. They did an excellent job and the dw is happy. Some things you cannot put a price on...like a happy dw!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
Dam-man

The Splendide combo unit works great. The wife is happy with it (after she reallized you have to put in small loads). She put it to the test and uses it everyday and has had no trouble. I'm not scared of work but I would not want to put that thing in myself! The dealer did a good job and my back don't hurt!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #11
SAABDOCTOR

Turbopilot51 AMEN BROTHER
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote