Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
WELLSweR

3100RL Dining Slide

We ordered a 3100RL after viewing one at our local dealership since it had all I specifically wanted this time around. One thing I insisted on was a electrical outlet behind the dining table, as we have a beach lot and I would like to use a lighthouse lamp on my table, plus I use this outlet for computer, warming plate, etc... Now I'm told this outlet has been deleted for cost purposes and one centered on the entertainment wall, to use anything on table means a draping line across midair or at the least one running down the wall and interfering with the chair in back.. I would like to know others input on this, I find the placement not well thought out...
WELLSweR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
SteveC7010

When you order a trailer and specify certain options or placement of items like this outlet, you should get what you want.

Is the dealer being stubborn about having the factory install the outlet where you want it?

If they accepted the order with the outlet as you specified, they should darned well provide it.

If I ordered a car or truck with a specific option and it showed up at the dealers without that option, I would be expecting them to either re-order or to install the option if possible.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #3
WELLSweR

Well this was not an added option, but as I viewed a few rvs, I stated having an electrical outlet behind table in slide was a must, if not I was not interested in the rvs that didn't .. We traveled quite a ways to look and before we traveled that far I had also verified by phone that it had the electrical outlets I wanted and large window on drivers side... On first contact with dealership they said moving the outlet saves 5 hours of labor for Montana and perhaps they can install an outlet closer to outside wall on entertainment center for 50.00 to 100.00 cost....
Old 01-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
WELLSweR

The dealer has suggested they will cover the cost to move outlet to floor level as close to outside wall as possible. Also called to say snack bar is a standard feature now, which I saw on a new model and was inquiring about..
Old 01-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

As I see it your Ent. center is in the slide with the dinette. If so your dealer should be able to use "Wire Mold" and surface mount an outlet anywhere on that outside wall. Outlet would look something like this. But just come out the side of the ent.cent.

hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
WELLSweR

Thanks for the info...